It is that time of year again, CES press releases are landing. We hear again about the former crowd funder tricopter.
“2016 has been a whirlwind of product launches including several new action and home security cameras, the YI Erida drone, our first mirrorless camera the YI M1, as well as an exciting partnership with Google to develop a virtual reality camera rig,” said Sean Da, CEO of YI Technology. “CES 2017 is an important milestone for us as we look to demonstrate our full product line and reveal novelty solutions. As a challenger brand in the changing imaging technology market, we are constantly looking for ways to push the boundaries and set new standards for the global industry.”
YI Erida is the world’s first mainstream, full carbon smart drone, which combines strength, speed and YI’s 4K Action camera in a unique, three-rotor design. Due to the highly durable and lightweight nature of Erida’s carbon frame and streamlined design, YI’s first consumer drone is exceptionally fast and agile, reaching speeds of up to 75 miles per hour and flying for up to 40 minutes in initial tests. Additional product highlights include:
- Up to 120 minutes of recording time and an integrated, high-resolution camera touchscreen
- Manual IQ parameters for advanced photographers including shutter, exposure value compensation, level sensitivity, metering mode and white balance
- An advanced gimbal system for the smoothest shooting possible
- Patented, folding rotors offering a compact design that makes it portable and easy to carry
- Controlled by the corresponding YI Erida mobile app, making a remote obsolete
- Advanced sensor and radar system with a built-in laser scanner for maximum safety
The YI Erida drone was created in cooperation with Atlas Dynamics, a team of aerospace engineers and software developers. YI Technology and Atlas bring together aerospace expertise and research with world-class imaging technology in the newest, industry-leading drone.