REDWOOD CITY /SOFTWARE – TEST /FULL-TIME
Skydio is seeking an enthusiastic flight test engineer to help ensure that the units we are shipping to customers are of the highest quality. This role requires a rigorous approach to field testing complex systems and their capabilities across a wide spectrum of environmental and operating conditions.
How you’ll make an impact
- Work with software, hardware, and AI teams to understand and exercise product capability
- Test and evaluate changes to the software system in real-world conditions
- Document and deliver actionable analysis following testing
- Identify problems and proactively propose solutions
- Generate massive amounts of logged flight data that will be used to characterize and improve the system
- Software QA/testing background
- Experience testing native mobile applications (iOS, Android)
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for things that fly (bonus points for sUAS Pilot’s license)
- Detail-oriented communication and documentation skills
- Test experience in a manufacturing setting
- Interest in spending lots of time outdoors
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture across race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, experience, neurodiversity, and background. Together, our goal is to ensure that autonomous drones are deployed ethically and effectively across all industries.