We are currently recruiting for Drone Pilots / Flight Operations Engineers to join our mission to transform how we move essential goods around our communities. If you currently hold your multi-rotor and/or fixed-wing PfCO and are looking for a new challenge, please email [email protected] along with your CV and tailored cover letter.
The successful applicant will be highly enthusiastic towards commercial UAVs, have significant experience in flying drones and/or model aircrafts and can responsibly follow operational procedures to safely fly even in urban environments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Be part of a team as a pilot or observer to operate commercial multi-rotor and fixed wing UAVs in automatic long-range BVLOS delivery projects and testing programmes.
- UAV ground handling, maintenance and help build the ground-based infrastructure at the landing site.
- Obtain the necessary licenses legally operate as a commercial drone pilot.
- Training to fly our multi-rotor and tilt-rotor fixed wing drones manually and to be able to perform automated missions.
- Be an all-round team contributor. We are a small team and everyone contributes to everything at some point. The role will include manual flying, the design and optimization of missions, supervising automatic flights, talking with partners, helping other pilots as an observer, and to do these responsibly, following operational and safety procedures.
- Position will involve travel domestically and internationally and the person must be comfortable with travelling at short term notice to various geographies for extended periods of time.
Our ideal candidate looks something like:
- Responsible and has a safety-first approach. Some of our projects will involve BVLOS flights in urban environment therefore, safety of very high standard is required.
- Fantastic communications skills. Safe aviation operations is all about open and honest communication and reporting.
- Highly experienced in flying multi rotor and fixed wing drones or model aircraft.
- Strong interest in the application of UAV drone deliveries in medical, commercial and logistics use cases.
- A strong technical background in systems engineering, mechatronics, electrical engineering or aerospace engineering.
- Not afraid to learn new skills as required.
- Ability to problem solve on the fly and provide vital solutions.
- A self-starter, a great team player, able to integrate into a small team.
- Available to travel for long periods (4-5 weeks), and flexible if changes occur in short notice.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary, plus equity.
- A unique exciting fast-paced working environment where we can truly make a change for good to the world of transportation and healthcare.
- The opportunity to help shape the future of the cargo drone delivery industry.
- The opportunity to travel.
- Fantastic learning environment. Our people have backgrounds from leading companies including: PwC, CS3 Electronics Development, Deloitte, Virgin Australia, ICF, IATA, Helical, EY, McKinsey and Savills.
- Promotion opportunities.