Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking
Sr. UAS Operations Specialists
to join our team. We are looking for one Senior level person in Sierra Vista, AZ, Grand Forks, ND, and San Angelo, TX. MTSI is 100% employee-owned.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
100% Employee Ownership:
we have a stake in each other’s success, and the success of our customers. It’s also nice to know what’s going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
Track Record of Success:
We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
- Coordinate UAS operating site services to include: site preparation, site support services during UAS operations, as required. Site support services shall encompass the launch and recovery sites, the Ground Control Station (GCS), Remote Video Terminal (RVT) and potential emergency and alternate airfield sites.
- Provide flight authorization and scheduling support, including preparing and updating, submission and oversight of UAS National flight schedules by CBP prior to execution of the mission.
- Coordinate with civil and/or military weather agencies for forecasting services accessible from the UAS NASOC site.
- Prepare publish and update as required Notices to Airmen (NOTAM) applicable to UAS operations through the applicable Flight Service Station (FSS). The NOTAMs shall contain detailed information essential to safe UAS operations in the national airspace system.
- Establish, maintain, and update as needed the Flight Publications Library, including the following products: applicable DOD Flight Information Publications (FLIPs), FAA Air Traffic Publications, approved Letters of Procedures, Certificates of Authorization issued by the FAA, as well as CBP UAS operations and maintenance manual.
- Coordinate UAS flight/mission planning and briefing with all applicable agencies prior to the commencement of operations.
- Support post-mission reporting and analysis. This shall include the following areas: UAS mission results, lessons learned, equipment effectiveness and status, maintenance, supply and logistics reports, and accident and hazard potential reports.
- Coordinate mishap response and safety efforts with the appropriate mishap response agencies and approve mishap response plans, procedures and checklists for use in a UAS related mishap.
- Provide scheduling, monitoring, post-sortie data collection, report generation, and records management support for the execution of manned proficiency flight training in support of currency requirements applicable to UAS air crew members.
- Provides administrative oversight for all other contractor employees at the site.
- Performs and conducts training.
- Master’s degree plus 8 years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree plus 12 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience is considered as experience in DOD or DHS air operations, air traffic control, or airfield operations management.
- An FAA Class 2 Medical Certification is required for this position.
- Individual must submit to a CBP BI; a favorably adjudicated BI will be required to maintain this position.
- A Secret Clearance is required for this position.
Location(s): One person at each site – Sierra Vista, AZ; Grand Forks, ND; and San Angelo, TX.
#LI-MR1We can recommend jobs specifically for you!