We are seeking several Flight Operations Remote Pilots to support our expanding drone services business. Our drone services business is a world leader in drone operations flying beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) drone operations across both drone delivery and surveillance applications.
Our projects include flying BVLOS drone deliveries for the world’s biggest healthcare and logistics companies, as well as flying surveillance flights for governments around the world.
We are operational across the UK and Singapore and this year will grow our business to start operating drones further across the globe including in; South America, Asia and Europe.
Based at our new Flight Operations HQ in Aylesbury, the role will involve significant domestic and international travel.
- Be trained to fly our varied fleet of drone systems (manual and automated piloting) for various applications (incl. drone delivery, survey and surveillance)
- Obtain the necessary licenses to legally operate as a commercial drone pilot in the countries we operate in
- Be trained to setup and run complex BVLOS operations
- Be responsible for the ground handling, pre-flight, post-flight, and routine maintenance of the drone systems, and set up of the ground-based infrastructure at the take-off and landing sites
- Be deployed on projects domestically and internationally – you will be required to travel frequently and should be comfortable with travelling at short term notice to various geographies for extended periods
- Be an all-around team player. We are a small team, everyone contributes to everything at some point
- Report to our EMEA Flight Operations Manager to ensure your growth and progression within the company
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- Prior experience flying multirotor and fixed-wing drones/model aircraft
- Excellent communication skills and good spoken/written English language
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel for document creation
- Keen interest in drone operations for novel applications
- Be a motivated individual capable of working individually and as part of a team in potentially obscure environments
- Be comfortable navigating through ambiguity – this is a new industry and no one yet has all the answers. Problem-solving is part of our day-to-day.
- Flexibility to travel for extended periods (4 – 8 weeks at a time)
- Preferable: hold a legacy PfCO or current GVC certificate in the UK
- Preferable: prior experience in aerial survey or inspection
- Anything we have missed, tell us! We’d love to hear what you can bring to the table
- Generous stock options
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Work from home Options
- Team lunches
- Company events and socials
- Company swag
- and more!