Swoop Aero was founded to transform how the world moves essential supplies by making access to the skies seamless. We were the first company globally to deliver a vaccine using a drone under a commercial contract. Since then, we’ve expanded globally, transforming the health supply chain with drone logistics operations in 6 countries.
The work we’re doing is shifting the future of healthcare. We are having an immediate impact on the lives of people, who live within the communities our operations are conducted in.We’ve got big plans to shift the paradigm in both developing and developed markets alike. We integrate air transport using drones into the first and last mile of the health supply chain, to make access to healthcare available everywhere.
To deliver on our goal we’ve built the world’s leading platform for seamless drone logistics, and to extend our reach we partner selectively with organisations across the globe who want to leverage our platform at scale to deliver genuine impact.
To do this, we’ve brought together a team of eternally optimistic and resourceful doers to tackle these seemingly insurmountable problems – and make it happen.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a dynamic Content Writer and Media Associate to join our Global Marketing team and share the almost improbable story of how Swoop Aero connects communities around the world.
This role sits within our Marketing team reporting to the Head of Marketing. You will be focused on content creation across multiple platforms, including media, EDM, paid marketing, print and social media. You will embody our company values, obsess over details, and efficiently manage time and resources to ensure all content is executed to the highest standard.
You will be responsible for the copywriting innovative and thoughtful content that accurately conveys the mission and values of Swoop Aero and leads to growth across brand, media and partnerships.
Our ideal candidate will be based in our Melbourne HQ, and be comfortable working as part of a global team where crew members are based in 4 countries across the globe.
- Develop written content across all platforms e.g. across the website, EDM, social media, paid media, partnership collateral, media releases, events, digital and print media
- Create and edit original content which embodies our brand’s voice and the strategic messaging that aligns to wider company goals
- Interpret creative direction from a variety of business leaders and adapt points into persuasive copy for a variety of projects, including, pitch engagements, partnership collateral and media releases
- Proofread, edit blog posts and research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Optimise written publication and web copy in line with SEO trends to increase reach
- Develop and pitch engaging media releases and monitor and apply to relevant conferences and awards
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload, often requiring short turnaround times
What you will bring to the role:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in journalism, English or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in copywriting or editing
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Creative with strong attention to detail
- Journalism, social media or content marketing experience a plus
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc.
- Proficiency writing programs, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to make a real difference and increase access to health care for millions across the globe
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work-from-home/office setup
- A collaborative and fun start-up team with a recent capital raise
- Career propelling experience