Location: Ratho, Edinburgh
Salary: Approximately £25,000 per annum, but dependent on experience
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Benefits: Subsidised Lunches, Free gym membership to Excite gym in Edinburgh Indoor Climbing Arena, Discounted Climbing Rates and a great Employee Benefits Scheme!
We are Cyberhawk and we are recruiting.
Cyberhawk is a fast-growing successful company with big ambitions. We already punch way above our weight and we are looking for someone to throw some punches with us!
We are industry leaders in providing Unmanned Aerial Vehicle inspection and survey solutions around the world but we are also becoming increasingly recognised as a world leader in visual asset management software solutions through our own iHawk cloud-based software.
In short – we do cool stuff and we are really good at it.
We recently moved into a stunning new office location on the upper floor of the EICA Climbing Centre at Ratho – Europe’s largest indoor climbing arena. Currently employing around 140 people but with plans to continue to grow aggressively in the coming years, it’s an exciting place to be and we want you.
We are focused on building strong, ethical relationship with our clients, that highlight the values that underpin our business. You will need to take ownership of your tasks while playing your part of the team within the Company.
The purpose of this role is to ensure our team of expert pilots have the equipment to deliver integrity inspection for all assets in the global energy portfolio. Supporting the Equipment Manager, this role is about delivering gold standard in terms of equipment reliability and troubleshooting support for the field teams.
About the Equipment Technician role:
- Reporting to the Equipment Manager your roles and responsibilities within the Company will include:
- Equipment and Drone / UAV functional testing and repair to Cyberhawk safety and quality standards
- Equipment and Drone / UAV modification to Cyberhawk specifications
- Responsible for the smooth running of the “Drone Zone” Cyberhawk’s equipment control area
- Basic maintenance of Cyberhawk road vehicles
- Drone / UAV piloting (full training provided)
- Identification and communication of equipment faults and trends
- Categorising and labelling of parts and spares
- Ensuring stock of spares is up to date
Key skills and Competencies include:
- Technically minded with good hand skills and experience with tools
- IT literate
- Professional attitude
- A “can do safely” attitude
- Process driven
- Willing to learn
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Full UK driving licence
- Role will occasionally involve manual handling and lifting – training will be provided
- Interest in drones and drone flying
- Interest in photography and cameras
- Experience of drone build and maintenance
- Knowledge of the Drone / UAV commercial drone market and systems
- Electrical/Avionic/Electro-mechanical qualification (such as HND)
- Willing to occasionally travel and work away from home for short periods, potentially worldwide
- Knowledge of Ardupilot/Mission Planner programming and fault-finding
- Experience of creating Microsoft Power Apps
- Ability to work flexible hours
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.