Wing is an Alphabet company that offers drone delivery as a safer, faster, and cleaner alternative to pickup or delivery by road. Today, Wing delivers food, medicine, and other supplies directly to homes on three continents, including two national capitals, with tens of thousands of flights to customers in the United States, Finland, and Australia. In addition, Wing is demonstrating traffic management technology to help all drone operators share the skies. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company and the first drone Air Carrier certified in the United States.
About the Role:
Today, our communities rely on roads to source their everyday basics, from food and groceries to medicine. As part of a smart transportation system, drones can help to better connect our cities while avoiding the accidents, emissions, and congestion of road vehicles.
Wing is looking for a Public Policy Analyst to help drive reforms and policies that promote safe, efficient, and sustainable cities. You will analyse and communicate the benefits of drone technology to policy stakeholders around the world, with a focus on a broad range of decision-makers, influencers, and stakeholders outside the aviation domain.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and execute proactive advocacy campaigns on transportation, urban planning, environmental, and economic policy issues to support the safe and responsible integration of drones
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant policymakers, NGOs, IGOs, associations, and thought leaders across the US, Europe, and elsewhere
- Prepare submissions and responses to public consultations or inquiries
- Develop a third-party research agenda for emerging or underexplored issues
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years experience in transportation, urban planning, productivity, environmental, or technology policy – ideally in the context of disruptive technologies
- Proven track record of delivering measurable policy outcomes
- Bias for action, capable of working with a high level of autonomy to drive outcomes
- Experience persuading a range of decision makers and thought leaders across diverse jurisdictions
- Experience developing thought leadership campaigns in the context of disruptive technology or novel policy
- Superb written and verbal communication
- Relevant degree in economics, policy, law, transportation science, environmental science, or land management
- Experience working with government stakeholders internationally across the United States, European Union, and other regions
- Comfortable travelling within the US and abroad as required
- Second or third language
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.