KARGU® is a rotary wing attack drone that has been designed for asymmetric warfare or anti-terrorist operations. It can be carried by a single personnel in both autonomous and manual modes.
KARGU® can be effectively used against static or moving targets through its indigenous and real-time image processing capabilities and machine learning algorithms embedded on the platform.
The system is comprised of the “Rotary-Wing Combat UAV (UCAV)” and “Ground Control Unit” components.
KARGU®, which is included in the inventory of the Turkish Armed Forces, enables soldiers to detect and eliminate threats in a region, and can be used easily by the soldiers in the area without entering the risky areas, especially in asymmetric terrorist operations and asymmetric warfares.
Capabilities | Competencies
- Reliable Day and Night Operation
- Autonomous and Precise Hit with Minimal Collateral Damage
- Different Ammunition Options
- Tracking Moving Targets
- High Performance Navigation and Control Algorithms
- Deployable and Operable by Single Soldier
- In-Flight Mission Abort and Emergency Self-Destruction
- Platform-tailored, advanced electronic ammunition safety, setup and trigger systems
- Disposal at Adjustable Altitude
- Indigenous National Embedded Hardware and Software
- Image Processing-Based Control Applications
- Embedded and Real-Time Object Tracking, Detection and Classification
- Ability to Load Ammunition Prior to Use
- 10x Optical Zoom
- 2 Axis Stabilised Indigenous POD
- User-Friendly Ground Control Unit interface
|Range||: 5 km|
|Endurance||: 30 minutes|
|Mission Altitude||: 500 meters|
|Maximum Altitude||: 2.800 meters (MSL)|
|Maximum Speed||: 72 km/hour|
|Dimensions||: 600mm x 600mm x 430mm|
|Weight||: 7.060 grams|
|Operating Temperature||: -20 / + 50 °C|