At Flock we’re reinventing commercial insurance from the ground up. We use cutting edge technology to price, insure, and mitigate fleet risks, and having soared to dominance in the UK drone industry we’ve now set our sights on becoming the go-to insurer for the connected and autonomous world.
We’re doing insurance very differently. Rather than simply insuring fleets, we actively make them safer, by providing our customers with real-time insights into their own operations, risks, and costs. We incentivise smarter behaviour by aligning our insurance prices with the risks that our customers undertake; this unique approach has allowed us to insure thousands of delighted customers, whilst reducing their risks by 25%.
With a rapidly growing customer base (from Netflix to flying car companies), access to millions of data points, and an enthusiastic team of engineers, scientists, and insurance experts, we’re on a mission to build the world’s first connected insurance company, all whilst making the world a safer, smarter place.
We’re making Flock a great place to work; we’re an equal opportunity employer and care deeply about creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can succeed. Our company values are Transparency, Ownership, Growth, Belonging, Intention and Creativity. We live and breathe these values in the office – and at home!
About the role:
You will shape the future of the UAV insurance industry at one of the fastest-growing insurtechs in the UK. As a UAV Sales Manager at Flock you will be responsible for driving sales for our unmanned systems insurance arm.
You will report directly to our Head of Sales, helping her build a world-class sales team.
You’ll spend your time on:
- Perfecting our sales messaging and becoming a thought-leader in the space. You will be continuously iterating our tone of voice, content, outbound strategy and sales materials. You will ensure that we’re delivering a compelling message that resonates with our UAV customers, whilst ensuring that we deliver the same message across the company (all staff, online, and offline channels should sing the same tune)
- Getting involved at all stages of the sales process. You will be responsible for working with our business development team to qualify and engage leads before taking control of the conversation to bring deals over the line. This will include managing your own sales pipeline; shepherding all internal and external stakeholders through the various phases of a deal (ideation, pitching, negotiating, structuring, closing). You will design and continuously improve this process.
- Leading on negotiations, closing land-and-expand deals and partnerships. You are responsible for closing deals on terms that are favourable to Flock. You will be building robust, long-term partnerships that allow us to scale our fleet sales efforts both nationally and internationally. You will build relationships with insurance brokers, software providers, manufacturers, industry/trade bodies, and more. You will identify these partners, discover how we help them succeed and convert them into revenue-generators for Flock.
- Obsessing over our customers’ wants and needs, always identifying potential areas for up-sell and building business cases internally to ensure we can deliver. This should include new insurance products (capacity) and technology services (integrations, risk intelligence, dashboards, etc.). You will work closely with our Insurance Team to ensure that our insurance partners are delivering what we need to delight our customers with innovative insurance products and pricing. You will work with our product team to ensure that our technology is always at the cutting edge of the industry.
- Elevating and advocating for our customers, working closely with marketing to tell the world about the great work our customers are doing (and how Flock is enabling it).
- You have over 3-5 years of experience working in sales preferably the commercial insurance sector selling other speciality lines cover
- You have a proven track record of hitting ambitious sales targets
- You have experience interacting with clients in a professional and compliant manner
Bonus experience (we don’t require it, but we would love to see it!)
- You have prior experience in the UAV / Unmanned systems fleet space
- You have worked with the ‘insurtech’ sector before
- You live and breathe technology, and can speak about it fluently and passionately
- You can speak another European language
We’re keen to see the following traits
- You are smart, creative, and think on your feet. You have ‘raw horsepower’ and an ability to get things done to a high quality in little time, regularly begging the question ‘how did they manage that?!’
- You know where and how to prioritize. Some fires can be left to burn; some fires need to be extinguished right now. You will constantly reprioritize your and your sales team’s time to double down on the task/problem that is most aligned with what the business needs right now.
- You are a great communicator. You work well with both internal teams (engineers, product managers, our lawyers) as well as our customer and partners
- You are well-liked and respected by our customers. You can take a consultative approach to sales, often pushing back and educating our customers by helping them explore and learn about their own problems.
- You are creative and fearless with deal terms. You push the envelope on what is possible and are willing to make audacious asks of partners and clients.
- You are truly tenacious and relentless. You understand that deals can take a long time; you knock on doors until they fall down. You don’t give up or give in to demands easily, rather you are creative with your resources and do whatever it takes to get the deal closed on favourable terms.
- You are detail-oriented and pragmatic in equal measure. You understand every word of every contract, including the legal language, but you also know what’s important and where to spend your time effectively. You understand that ‘perfect’ is the enemy of ‘done’.
- You do the right thing and are guided by a strong moral compass. You will be in a position of power and responsibility, and will be well-respected within Flock. You have a strong moral compass and always do the right thing, even if it’s against your self interests.
- Competitive salary
- Options: we want you to own the work that you do. And this means owning the company you work in. All employees receive options as part of their compensation package
- Pension: we offer a full auto-enrollment workplace pension for all employees who want it. Nothing fancy here. Just a pension
- Large amounts of autonomy and empowerment in your work
- Holidays: we offer 33 days of holiday per annum, including bank holidays
- Flexible working location/working from home: We trust you to establish an effective working pattern that allows you to excel in your role and makes you a great Flock team member!
Learning & Development
- Generous books, courses and conference budgets for all employees
- Hackathons: we run a quarterly hackathon which lasts 24 hours. Everyone’s invited to join in
- Weekly knowledge-sharing brown bag sessions: learn from your colleagues (or teach us something new!)
- Extensive opportunities for personal mentoring from our dedicated advisory boards and investor community
- A Macbook (and accessories)
- An abundance of socials: fancy lunches, weekly quizzes, Friday drinks & snacks, video-games nights, Museum Lates and more!
- Quarterly offsite adventures: every quarter the entire team do something crazy together. Like fly a plane to the coast!
- Commuting help: we’re part of the cycle-to-work scheme
- Sports and social clubs