HEX and ProfiCNC are excited to announce the next generation of the HERE navigation modules!
These two new products expand the capability of the current HERE family which include:
1. The HERE2 GNSS which adds 10 DOF IMU, ProfiLED’s, along with future CANBUS capability. The HERE2 is the new standard in commercial navigation solutions.
2. The HERE+ V2 includes all the features of the HERE2 with the addition of RTK centimetre precision.
This new release will provide an optimized solution for the ever-changing customer requirements; with enhanced reliability and possibility for future customisation.
1. Built-in Microprocessor
With a built-in STM32F302 microprocessor, running ChibiOS (a real-time operating system), which enables user-defined features along with supporting firmware updates.
The STM32F302 is a high-performance microprocessor, with an innovative core and peripherals.
HERE2/HERE+ V2 runs an open architecture based on the ChibiOS Real-Time Operating System (RTOS), and code from the Open Motor Drive project (OMD).
The inbuilt bootloader allows users to customize the code and add features according to their requirements. Hex / ProfiCNC via OMD will actively update the firmware and add more functions to exploit the full potential of the hardware.
2. Serial+I2C/ CAN bus support
Out of the box, HERE2 supports standard serial port + I2C transmission data, just plug it in as you did with the previous generation. With support for CAN bus on the way, the HERE2 can be switched through the built-in mechanical switch and the included CAN cable.
CAN data transmission mode provides powerful technical support for Distributed Control System, to realize real-time and reliable data communication between each node. As the most commonly used communication protocol in the automotive industry, CAN bus has the advantages of strong real-time data communication, high reliability, flexible application and redundant structure. CAN allows for a distributed Autopilot system by placing components at their optimal position on an airframe without the worry of signal degradation.
HERE2/HERE+ V2 utilises the UAVCAN bus protocol specifically developed for drone applications. UAVCAN has the following features:
1) A completely democratic communication structure with no master nodes; each node has the same communication rights, avoiding single-point failures.
2) Long payload data and complex data structures can be transmitted between nodes. UAVCAN can automatically decompose, transmit and reassemble complex data at the protocol level to prevent users from solving the problem at the application level.
3) High data throughput, low latency, suitable for application scenarios with high real-time requirements.
4) Supports redundant nodes and redundant interfaces, suitable for safety-critical drone applications.
A complete IMU including an accelerometer, compass and gyro can meet the diverse needs of the user for navigation. Combining barometer and GPS data, users could potentially run a separate EKF navigation system inside HERE2/HERE+ V2 to implement navigation tasks that are completely independent of flight control.
4. independent LEDs
Four independent and customizable ProfiLEDs can be set according to user needs. Unlike the previous generation, HERE2/HERE+ V2 allows each LED to be controlled independently, therefore the user can define greater colour patterns to indicate more specific flight status (subject to code capabilities).
HERE2/HERE+ V2 is a comprehensive upgrade of previous-generation product, suitable for industrial applications with higher security and reliability requirements, such as outdoor long-distance autonomous missions, security inspections, agricultural plant protection and more. The open source architecture and code are also suitable for developers who have specific needs for navigation functions and need in-depth development based on existing navigation features.
HEX and ProfiCNC thank you for your ongoing support and look forward to seeing how the new HERE2 and HERE+ V2 are utilised in your applications.