5D Robotics is a small company that has been doing R&D projects for the past several years while developing our core capabilities. We write software for mobile robots and create solutions for companies in need of automation. 5D has developed some amazing technology and we are ready to start deploying robots in the real world. We are on a high growth trajectory, so come join us in helping to usher in the age of robots!
Aerial Operations Manager
Reporting to the Director of Aerial, the Aerial Operations Manager will be responsible running the day-to-day operations for 5D Robotics’ commercial UAS (Drone) service programs. The position will encompass the tasks of project management, operations, field support, business development and client relations, service supply chain, 50% travel, and reporting.
• Be responsible for the entire end-end project, operation management, budgets pertaining to individual projects, and execution of project for end customer
• Lead nationwide UAS service operations by ensuring the crew, equipment, and other logistics provide safe and reliable services to end-customers
• Become subject matter expert in industrial fields
• Support business development and sales functions for both new and existing customers
• Create process documentation and perform technical training
• Define requirements for operational backend development and refinement
• Coordinate with technical staff on equipment and technology requirements as well as product opportunities
• Coordinate with internal and external Sales teams to execute projects and services
• Create reports and document findings for management review
• Willing to travel up to 50%
• Project Management Experience – 5 year minimum
• Commercial UAS operations experience – 2 years minimum (preferred)
• Experience with heavy industries – Oil and Gas, Electric Utilities, Construction, Infrastructure and the type of information specific industries required for operations.
• Highly experienced with regulations pertaining to UAS commercial operations as well as industry specific requirements
• Highly Organized with ability to multi-task
• Experience in operating and maintaining commercial UAS for a commercial purposes
• Experience with DJI platforms
• B.S. Technical or Business Degree with minimum 5 years’ experience in related occupation(s)
• Part 107 certification (preferred)
• Highly organized and experienced in technical documentation and writing