μLanding™ microwave altimeter
Last night in Drone Stuff this week we discussed crop spraying from drones and not 24 hours later a video pops up showing the sort of precision terrain following required to dust.
UAVenture has been testing the uLanding microwave altimeter. uLanding is a (60g), sealed distance sensor with a 30m range and 500Hz update rate. This enables terrain following to happen and is, of course, useful for landings!
The μLanding is a compact microwave altimeter based on Aerotenna’s miniaturised radar technology. μLanding is specially engineered for low profile and low power consumption in UAV applications. It is easy to integrate with flight controllers for autonomous takeoffs and landings.
- High precision and wide sensing range
- Miniaturised, compact, lightweight, and low power consumption design
- Consistent performance in all-weather conditions
- Easy integration with any airframe
- Reliable assistant for autonomous takeoff and landing