BOISE, Idaho — The Idaho Department of Commerce will be sending a team to London, UK for the Farnborough International Airshow from July 11-17, 2016. The Commerce team will be joined by representatives from eight Idaho-based companies in the aerospace industry.
The Farnborough Airshow is one of the world’s largest aerospace expositions. The event takes place every other year and attracted over 100,000 trade visits from around the globe in 2014. Alongside 1,500 companies from 39 countries, Idaho exhibitors will have the opportunity to generate new sales leads, promote their companies, meet existing clients, network within the industry, and meet military and civil delegations. It is estimated that the airshow will generate $750,000 of revenue for Idaho companies.
“The Farnborough Airshow is an excellent opportunity for Idaho to demonstrate that its companies produce state-of-the-art aerospace, defense, and technology equipment,” said Megan Ronk, director of the Idaho Department of Commerce. “This will continue to bring much deserved attention to a booming industry that has contributed so much to the state’s rapidly growing economy.”
The companies joining the Commerce team in the Idaho Pavilion include:
• AeroLEDs designs and manufactures all LED aircraft lighting solutions and was founded out of necessity to fill a void of high-output/low-power applications for the Experimental/Special Use aircraft with limited electrical system capabilities. LEDs allow consistent light output at various voltage levels, which initiated the discussions about using LED technology to create aircraft LED landing lights, aircraft LED strobe lights, and LED position lights to greatly reduce current draw and maintenance, by eliminating bulb replacements. Innovation and engineering are the cornerstone components of AeroLEDs.
• AERO Specialties provides complete aircraft ground support equipment (GSE) solutions to corporate, FBO, MRO, military, airline, and general aviation customers. AERO manufactures and distributes industrial-grade, high-quality new, used and refurbished aircraft GSE, including Towbars & Heads, Oxygen & Nitrogen Systems, Lavatory & Potable Water Carts, Ground Power Units (GPU), Stairs & Stands, Tractors & Tugs, Hydraulic Service Systems, Ramp Safety Equipment, and much more. AERO Specialties is the leader in supplying the highest quality and most affordable ground support equipment available. With roughly 30 year’s experience in the design and manufacturing of ground support equipment, AERO has a loyal customer base of over 21,000 clients who rely on them to provide their GSE needs.
• AGC AeroComposites supplies the aerospace & defense industry with the most advanced composite and metallic solutions. Their global footprint is comprised of strategically located sites enabling them to provide local and immediate support to customers. Integrated solutions range from concept, design and development to low and full rate production, to full-term sustainment making them the industry’s trusted lifecycle partner. With a strong customer focus, they strive every day for superior quality and on-time delivery to achieve customer satisfaction. Their skilled workforce combined with a commitment to invest in state-of-the-art technology allows them to provide complete and innovative composite and metallic solutions.
• Black Sage Technologies counters the threat of UAV terrorism with a lightweight ruggedized sensor system capable of detecting, identifying, and defeating small, fast, unmanned aerial vehicles. Black Sage is the group of hyper-specialists who developed UAVX— the complete counter-UAV system protecting us against malicious UAVs. Years fielding systems, testing, thousands of development hours, and highly competitive private industry resulted in UAVX as the rare effective and affordable counter-UAV solution for government and commercial markets.
• IdeaRoom Inc asks, “If you could hire a salesperson that can handle 1,000 leads per hour plus qualify opportunities and close business 24/7, all while never taking a vacation, would you?” Welcome to IdeaRoom Inc. Delivering on the promise of providing your customers what they are looking for: product, price, and preview. Customers are able to create the 3D visualization of the product and select options and accessories based on your products, business rules, and brand. The configuration becomes the order. This is IdeaRoom. For an example, click here.
• Tamarack Aerospace Group designs and develops innovative technology for business, commercial, and military aircrafts, specializing in revolutionary active winglets. Easy to install, Tamarack winglets create unsurpassed performance and fuel efficiencies, making aircraft more cost effective for operators and reducing CO2 gas emissions. Tamarack Aerospace has certified the next generation of winglets, which are three to four times more efficient than previous types. The patented design, ‘Active Technology Load Alleviation System’ or ATLAS™, is made up of a wing tip extension, a highly tuned winglet, and a load alleviation system that counteracts the additional loads induced by the winglet in rare peak-loading events such as a gust or maneuver. This means that heavy wing reinforcement is not required, thus increasing efficiency and significantly reducing retrofit times. ATLAS™ Active Winglets are scalable and can be installed on any aircraft type.
• Western Aircraft, a Greenwich AeroGroup company, is one of the largest parts distributors in the world with over 25 years of parts experience you can rely on. They stock over 18,000 FAA-approved line items, rotable components, and modification kits, with $10 million of parts inventory, ready to deliver in 24 hours or less. In addition to their stock of inventory, Western Aircraft has access to hundreds of thousands of other parts, components, used avionics, and rotables via OEMs and other Greenwich AeroGroup-owned companies such as DAC International, Professional Aviation Associates, and Professional Aircraft Accessories. Western Aircraft is a full-service FBO, FAA-certified aircraft repair station, and an authorized service center and parts distributor for many OEM’s.
• xCraft, a drone startup from Northern Idaho is manufacturing drones that are paving the way for innovation in the UAV industry. A hybrid drone that can fly up to 60 mph and a quadcopter that literally drones your phone! These are the products that caught the eye of producers from ABC’s Shark Tank. xCraft struck a historic deal on the show in 2015, receiving investments from all five “Sharks.” They recently moved from Sandpoint to Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho in order to grow the company amongst a growing tech community. The company recently delivered on all of its Kickstarter orders for its X PlusOne drone and is now working on its next big idea; PhoneDrone Ethos. The drone startup will be releasing PhoneDrone Ethos this September.
The Idaho Pavilion will be located in Hall 3 of the U.S.A. Pavilion, Stand 3/E68.