Spy Owl is now finding customers in the Middle East, who are looking to strengthen borders patrol capability. The small hand launched system offers flexibility and persistence controlled from front line units.
DroneWorks is pleased to be supporting UAS Europe in developing new customers for this proven surveillance tool. Markets in the region show strong growth for deploying these systems to improve and protect national security.
The Spy Owl surveillance system is operationally ready for easy deployment, consisting of a fixed wing airframe, fully installed with retractable gyro stabilized combined EO and IR gimbal, autopilot, laser altitude meter, data link, video link, battery and the well proven Portable GCS with the SkyView GCS Operator software.
The solution is aimed specifically for surveillance applications and is very cost-effective. This is achieved through agile and responsive development, which gives customers the most value for their money.
Simple hand launch and easy recover make Spy Owl easy to operate quickly and efficiently; there is a catapult launched and recovered option and it lands on any flat terrain.
Gyro stabilized EO and IR gimbal
The aircraft is supplied with a ready to use retractable gyro stabilized combined EO and IR gimbal. Gyro stabilizes video; dramatically reducing unwanted horizontal, vertical, and rotational motion. Video link up to 16 km LOS is included.
Autopilot – EasyPilot 3.0
The included autopilot, SkyView EasyPilot 3.0, contains all components necessary to control the vehicle and sensor, including GPS navigation, IMU, expansion ports.
Portable GCS with SkyView GCS software
Portable GCS is an easy to use rugged Ground Control Station computer equipped with sun-readable display. The included SkyView GCS Operator software together with the EasyPilot 3.0, does all the background processing needed to fly the vehicle and control the sensor.
- Ruggedized SkyView GCS Portable Computer with integrated MPEG-4 video server included
- SkyView GCS Operator software included, NATO STANAG 4586 compliant
- Long range air and ground modem included. Up to 50 km LOS.
- Analog video link, integrated transmitter and receiver. Up to 16 km range.
- Wing span: 2.01 m (79.1 inches)
- Cruise Airspeed: 20 m/s (39 knots)
- Endurance: up to 1 hour (optional 1 hour and 40 minutes)
- Hand launched or optionally catapult launched. Belly landing
- Includes laser altitude meter for accurate automatic landing
- Very robust composite structure