senseFly Ltd is a Swiss company based in the Lausanne area, a spin-off from EPFL and a member of the Parrot group since 2012. At senseFly, we design, assemble and commercialise autonomous mini-drones for civil applications such as remote sensing, field surveying, mapping and inspection. senseFly is invested in offering a social, entertaining and dynamic atmosphere for its employees so that everyone can perform at his or her best.
We are looking for a driven and talented Drones Project Manager to join senseFly’s Product Development team and design future products.
Drones Project Manager
- Coordinate the design of senseFly’s future mini-drones, payloads and related accessories, from early development through product release and lifecycle management.
- Interface with Sales and Marketing team to develop product specifications that are technically feasible and respond to market and client needs.
- Prepare project timelines, coordinate Hardware, Mechanical and Software development teams throughout development and prototyping.
- Interface with Industrialisation team to create a production plan and accompany the product to market release.
- Coordinate product communication between development, production, customer service, and sales teams to ensure knowledge is transferred accurately and efficiently.
- Continue following the product throughout its lifecycle to ensure continual improvement of the product (both hardware and software) based on customer service and market feedback.
At least 5 years of experience in product design and project management of hardware products. Drone projects or mechatronic systems preferred.
- Good understanding of the full hardware development process: hardware and mechanics design, industrialisation, production constraints, customisation for specific markets
- High-level technical knowledge in mechatronic systems that include sensing, actuation, embedded processors, radio communication, aerodynamics.
- Ability to work in a rapidly-evolving and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the professional drone market is a plus.
- Proficient in – or willing to learn – French
A Master degree in engineering (mechanical engineering, robotics, mechatronics, micro-engineering or equivalent) is recommended.
Applications through jobup.ch only