COMPLIANCE AND AUTHORITY
• Compliant to all SGS QOH&S and HR policies and procedure
• Overall responsibility for safety and health for all people in the business line on behalf of SGS upper management, and for informing appropriate parties on OH&S issues raised
• Ensure safety and health support, materials and resources are provided based on risk level in each location
• Responsible for business performance for all injuries, illnesses, near misses and incidents that occur within that business line, and for corresponding injury prevention, injury management and early return to work programs
• Responsible for performance of the business line in terms of all workers compensation insurance costs incurred by that business line
• Granted sufficient authority to achieve the given responsibilities as per relevant SGS Authority policies
REGIONAL RPAS SAFETY ADVISOR
Join a dynamic global team of safety professionals in the rapidly expanding field of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Safety and Compliance).
We are looking for self motivated safety professionals who have auditing qualifications in aviation safety related fields, and a have keen interest in helping to build a safe and efficient Unmanned Aircraft Systems industry for our stakeholders and end users.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Role Purpose)
The Regional RPAS Safety Advisor (CANADA & NORTH AMERICA) will assist in developing the SGS RPAS services with relation to consulting, training and auditing. The Regional RPAS Safety Advisor will also be responsible for promoting the service in their region.
Primary – Regional Manager SGS Hart Aviation (Canada & North America)
Secondary – Global RPAS Safety Manager.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (Key Accountabilities)
• Promote the implementation of safety standards with RPAS operators
• Promote the implementation of RPAS safety standards with clients utilising RPAS operators.
• Carry out auditing functions on RPAS operators.
• Facilitate training courses for RPAS operators.
• Assist in the promulgation of Risk Assessments pertaining to RPAS operations.
• Organise safety and risk management training for SGS RPAS teams.
• Maintain effective client liaison in the course of above duties.
• Be compliant to all SGS QHSE and HR policies and procedures.
• Liaise with other SGS RPAS advisors with relation to the latest RPAS developments.
• At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
PROFILE (Qualifications and Experience)
• Specialist aviation qualifications or experience judged equivalent by the Global RPAS Safety Manager.
• Have more than three years of experience in the aviation industry
• Have experience in an aviation advisory and auditing role, including RPAS operations.
Successful applicants will have a sound knowledge of the Aviation regulatory environment, the current Unmanned Aircraft Systems industry, and a track record of safety related duties in previous roles. We also looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills who are able to deliver our safety and compliance messages in training courses and at promotional events.
REQUIRED SKILLS (Competencies)
• Sound knowledge of aviation regulations pertaining to RPAS operations and client requirements
• Sound knowledge of SGS Aviation policy and procedures
• Auditing skills
• Demonstrated effective organisational skills including prioritising and managing multiple tasks
• Focus on detail and accuracy of information
• Focus on the introduction of new processes and procedures
• Analytical problem solving
• Teamwork and cooperation
• Excellent communication skills
• High level computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle)
• Customer service orientation
• Organisation and efficiency
• Business acumen
• Strong written and interpersonal skills and an ability to liaise at all levels with staff, clients and contractors