L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defence technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defence and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Assoc, Pilot
Job Code: SAS20232310-107409
Job Location: Tucson, AZ
As a UAV Pilot you will maintain and operate the unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) and supporting systems to gather intelligence for mission planning, mission sensors/payload operations, and launching, remotely piloting, and recovering aerial vehicles. Perform all airframe and powerplant repairs and scheduled maintenance. Complete all required maintenance records in an accurate manner. Performs system and functional test and assist in improving, evaluating, and developing specifications for flight operations, aircraft maintenance/operation, flight safety, and training.
The Agile Development Group (ADG) specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Deploys and redeploys the Tactical UAV ground and air system
- Perform routine maintenance on both the UAV ground and air system
- Plans and analyzes flight mission
- Installs and integrates new payloads to the UAV ground and air system
- Prepares and conducts air reconnaissance missions
- Performs pre-flight, in flight and post-flight checks and procedures
- Troubleshoot UAV ground and air system
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD security clearances as required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to obtain a Class II FAA Medical
- Up to 50% travel may be required
- Other duties as required
- U.S. citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree in UAS or equivalent and minimum 2 years of prior relevant experience. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 6 years of prior related UAS experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Part 107 Certificate
- Operational Test experience
- Hands-on Technician experience with UAS
- Ability to operate R/C Aircraft
- Autopilot Experience
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.