The UAS Pilot will work with a team of professionals expanding drone operations in the medical delivery and utility infrastructure inspection markets. This position will work closely with select drone manufacturers and bring cutting edge UAS aircraft and artificial intelligence products to the market. The UAS Pilot will work alongside a team of experienced aviation industry professionals and will be responsible for executing UAS flights using the industries most advanced platforms and technologies and delivering unparalleled services to Spright customers across the US.With corporate headquarters in Gilbert, Arizona, this position will be based in Pendleton, Oregon.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
- Responsible for the operation of Areion UAS aircraft and assets in a safe and legal manner, within company regulations.
- Participates regularly in company meetings, activities, projects, committees, and community outreach.
- Actively participates in the company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and is familiar with the SMS policies, processes, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
- Regular scheduled attendance (potential for some nights/weekends)
- Extensive travel, up to 75%, to support our projects across the US.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.Education & Experience
- Degree or certificate from a role related two-year college or technical school and 0-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong background in UAS critical infrastructure inspection, specifically transmission and distribution lines.
- Good knowledge of aviation principles and UAS aircraft
- Ability to work both independently and supportively within a team.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and grow skillset.
- Requirement for a skill demonstration during interview process.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondences, and presentations to senior leadership as required.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- FCC Technician Class License
- 14 CFR Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate (sUAS)
- Second Class FAA Medical Certificate
- FAA Private or Commercial Pilot License
- Previous experience working for Part 135 operator is preferred.