As our experienced Legal Counsel at Altitude Angel, you will provide sound and timely legal advice and recommendations across a range of business functions within an innovative aviation technology company.
By joining Altitude Angel, you will be given the opportunity to grow within a venture backed ‘scale-up’ playing a key role in supporting the company’s rapid growth, whilst helping push the bar on legal aspects relating to the use of automated systems in aircraft navigation.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Contract drafting including the maintenance and evolution of framework agreements such as
- MSAs (Master Service Agreements) and Service Orders,
- NDAs (non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements),
- Collaboration/Partner Agreements,
- Consortium Agreements,
- Supplier Agreements.
- Maintaining and advancing legal / contracting processes and procedures.
- Ensuring the company’s compliance with local laws, regulations, and compliance aspects (including GDPR)
- Working collaboratively across business groups to provide legal subject matter expertise.
- Communicating and summarising legal text in plain English to team members in a variety of roles across the business.
- Lead on legal aspects of supplier, partner, and customer contract negotiations.
- Partnering and owning the relationships with our externally retained specialist legal firms.
- Owning legal aspects concerning the company’s growing Intellectual Property portfolio, supported by our external IPR counsel.
- Working with our regulatory affairs team to further develop a pathway that boldly tackles the biggest challenges facing mainstream drone adoption, including exciting legal matters such as Beyond Line-of-Sight and technical and legal liabilities
- Supporting our international expansion.
What’s Important and Success Factors
Your principal experience will be in commercial contracting law and you’ll play a critical role across our teams within our Legal & Corporate Affairs team, proactively identifying issues, drafting agreements as well as working on the creation of new legal frameworks in support of our ground-breaking technologies.
You will demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyse, structure, and solve problems with an obsession for detail.
- Draft commercial agreements when the subject matter and/or detail may not have a clear template or precedent document.
- Take ownership of legal matters relentlessly driving for results.
- Build a deep organisational understand to soundly evaluate risk factors when the business enters a legal commitment.
- Work and collaborate across multiple internal and external stakeholders across a diverse spectrum of functions and seniorities, navigating and prioritising conflicting demands with diplomacy.
- Manage and work through ambiguity.
- Be flexible and adaptable to a rapidly changing environment
- Absorb knowledge quickly and have a solid understanding of commercial contract law, intellectual property aspects and risk management and mitigation
- Have a strong desire for success, exemplifying accountability & ownership.
- Have excellent time management skills, able to set expectations and manage requests with competing priorities
- Have a very high degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Be self-motivated and comfortable working in a dynamic environment with rapidly evolving regulation, product & customer needs, and competition.
- Have a demonstrable passion for (and experience working within) high-tech – ideally software – driven businesses and/or aviation
- Ideally (but not necessarily) have a good understanding of aviation rules pertaining to ‘drones’ in at least one jurisdiction. However, we will provide training to bring any promising candidates up to speed – but you must be a quick learner!
You will have a proven track record of providing legal guidance to companies.
- 5+ years’ demonstrable relevant legal experience.
- Experience drafting, authoring, reviewing, establishing and updating the most typical forms of corporate legal and commercial agreements.
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
- Experience working within a legal firm or as a corporate in-house counsel.
- Qualified solicitor or equivalent.
- Ideally you will be knowledgeable and have experience working in a regulated industry and/or the aviation or drone space.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).