You must be open to regular travel to the UK and other international locations as determined by the business.
Have you ever thought about managing a company? Or building one? Are you looking for something truly at the forefront of innovation? Are you ready for your next challenge? This could be your opportunity to effectively start one, fully supported by a high-growth well-established business with a proven track record of product and delivery.
We’re looking to capitalise on our growth and maximise our opportunity by hiring a dedicated, entrepreneurial Managing Director to build, scale and manage our subsidiary in the Netherlands. As a multi-award-winning UTM (Unified Traffic Management) company, the defacto category-creator and leader in innovation in this space, this is an opportunity not to be missed as you join a fast-growing, competitive, and ambitious company with significant investment backing and international growth plans.
A pivotal role, you will be at the ‘founder’ of our Dutch operations as we begin our international expansion journey following significant investment and global success.
Fully supported by our corporate HQ in the UK, you will be responsible for hiring new recruits, developing, and nurturing critical relationships, identifying, and forging new business opportunities, and promoting and selling the Company’s award-winning UTM technologies across Europe.
This is an exciting, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the right candidate to have real impact, so if you’ve got a demonstrable Entrepreneurial mindset, consider yourself an innovator and have a passion for building teams, this is the role for you.
Using our business strategy as a foundation, you’ll:
- Develop and manage new business and partnership opportunities in the Netherlands and in other, targeted EU member states
- Establish repeatable processes and procedures for sales, business development and customer success
- Build, grow and lead a local team, identifying, interviewing, and hiring successful candidates into the business.
- Develop a marketing and communications strategy for the Netherlands and key EU Member States to effectively communicate and promote Altitude Angel’s knowledge, expertise and products, evangelising the benefits of our approach and technologies versus competitors’
- Have overall responsibility for creation and overseeing the execution of plans to further develop and deploy our game-changing ARROW(R) technology and market-leading GuardianUTM product suite in the Netherlands and other key EU Member States.
- You’ll be responsible for day-to-day business operations, but you’ll be supported with ‘virtual’ global functions such as HR, Security, Product, IT Support and Finance.
- You’ll serve as an effective brand ambassador, ensuring our core company values are baked into everything you do, enhancing our reputation with every opportunity through your ‘can-do’ mentality, honesty, clear market and product knowledge and transparency.
- You’ll build on Altitude Angel’s internationally renowned reputation as a reliable, trustworthy partner and supplier, and you’ll ensure that our tradition of always delivering on-time, to specification, is upheld;
- You’ll work closely with regulators and National transportation departments as a source of knowledge and truth, building trust and credibility to help build flourishing drone ecosystems in EU Member States
- You’ll speak fluent Dutch and English;
- You’ll have a demonstrable ‘owner’ mentality: you enjoy taking responsibility, accountability and driving for shared success, and you’ll be a problem solver by nature.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, a related field (preferably a master’s degree) or equivalent experience.
- 4 or more years within a senior management or consultant role
- You’ll favour pragmatic action over procrastination!
- Someone that can be relied upon
- A good knowledge base of the country/region, and a willingness to learn.
- Data-driven analytical mindset
- Outstanding negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively, and work cooperatively to build networks and satisfy needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- You enjoy start-up environments with an opportunity to be involved in many developing aspects of the business, and you’ll seek out opportunity for efficiency and improvement
- Team leadership & management experience
- Be passionate about new technologies
- Good IT skills and ability to quickly understand and use web-based applications and platforms
Bonus points for:
- Experience in tech business, aerospace industry, start-up, or dynamic high-growth company
- Experience in product launches or running a business
Equality, diversity and inclusion at Altitude Angel:
Here at Altitude Angel we are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness in line with our mission to safely and securely open the skies for all. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation, our products and Altitude Angel’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
To apply for this position, email your details to [email protected]