We are looking for a skilled UAS operator to join our expanding team! This will be a fast-paced opportunity that offers exceptional freedom and responsibility.
The right individual will be able to navigate the complexities of safety-critical and highly regulated industry practices, working with our team of expert engineers while reporting directly to the Airworthiness Director.
We are looking for an experienced candidate who can demonstrate they get things done with a pragmatic attitude and reliable results, not fazed by challenges or problems. In this role we expect you to drive change & make your mark on business practices with a wide degree of flexibility and responsibility to achieve a specific outcome. Your track record will be important.
A-techSYN Ltd (Advanced Technologies with Synergy) is an all-in-one solution provider for Unmanned Aviation Systems (UAS) based in Shannon, Ireland. A-techSYNs’ products consist of proprietary UAS solutions including field-proven LALE Vertical Take-off and Landing (VTOL) fixed wing UAVs and mid to high-speed Target Drones.
A-techSYN not only develops and manufactures UAS, Autopilot and key electronic components, but also trains operators and mechanics, provides MRO and even flight services to customers.
Internally developed IP, Easy and quick integration of new equipment to the platforms, integration of systems with existing infrastructure, customization of the UAS products to customer requirements and low cost of ownership are some of the key differentiators of A-techSYN as an independent and highly flexible Company.
The initial operational authorisation for A-techSYN is for BVLOS operations in Newcastle, Wicklow. A-techSYN is currently working on extending this authorisation for the Shannon area and for other European countries and the UK.
Responsibilities for the Head of Drone Operations:
- Acts as the primary contact with the IAA, ATC, and other key stakeholders.
- Is responsible for new certification activities in Ireland and obtaining flight permissions
- Is responsible for nurturing a culture of airmanship and quality in the company
- Is responsible for preparing and managing flight operations and flight safety.
- Assists the Airworthiness Director for management of changes in operational activities due to new payloads, new missions, or new technical changes.
- Planning and providing feedback for operator, maintenance, and quality related training in Ireland.
- Plans & audits flight activity operational workflows and procedures.
- UAS Drone Pilot Licence categories A1/A3
- Has at least 5 years of aviation experience in operations, certification or maintenance activities with EASA regulations or unmanned aircraft operations.
- Has the ‘quality first’ and ‘safety first’ approach towards operations.
- Has an understanding of unmanned aircraft systems and operations
- Has experience in quality audits and aviation safety meetings
- Has project management experience
Are you looking to join a progressive, ambitious company which lives and breathes its values and cultures?