Do you want to shape the future of aviation? Do you share our vision of saving and improving lives through technology with a purpose? Then join our ambitious team of young talents and experienced professionals!
We at Wingcopter design innovative, high-performance drones that are operated all over the world in commercial and humanitarian operations. Our drone technology saves and improves lives every day.
Currently, we are looking for a Drone Pilot in Malawi to join our Team.
In Malawi we are leveraging our drone technology to deliver emergency medical commodities to remote health centers. Currently, we have drone operations in three districts in the central region and have made over 1.200 deliveries including essential medicine, lab samples and vaccines. In the upcoming months, we will be expanding rapidly.
As we continue to scale the operations, we are looking for a Drone Pilot to support our Humanitarian and Aviation Services team in Malawi.
As a Drone Pilot you will become an integral part of our Malawi operations team to ensure we reach our 2023 target of providing 7.5 million Malawians with access to on-demand drone delivery service.
You will receive an intensive training as a UAS operator, acquiring expertise in manual and automatic piloting, flight operations, routine maintenance, certification as UAS instructor, and UAS regulations, safety, and compliance. This role will evolve over time, but the end goal is for you to be capable of setting up and running complex BVLOS operations, anywhere.
This contractor position is open to all candidates, preference given to Malawians. It is based full-time in Malawi.
What You’ll Do:
• Operating Wingcopter drones as a certified Pilot-In-Command
• Ensuring and supervising safe flight operations in compliance with the Civil Aviation Regulations and the Wingcopter´s Aircraft Operator Manual
• Flight and operations preparation and execution
• Scoping of air routes, airfields, and drop-off sites
• Monitoring of operational standards and actively offering improvements to current SOPs
• Planning and validating of autonomous flight missions beyond line-of-sight (BVLOS)
• Performing basic inspection and routine and ad hoc maintenance in the field
• Optimization of our flight operation procedures
• Training new UAS Operators
• Actively participating in UAS demos to interested stakeholders
• Other work related to supporting the smooth running of flight operations in Malawi
What You’ll Need:
• Degree in Engineering, Aerospace, or management
• A minimum of 2+ years of work experience, UAS experience is a plus
• EASA A1-A3 license OR other RPL license accepted in the country of operations
• Radio telephony license (preferable)
• Highly proficient in spoken and written English
• Team-player and have a pro-active, creative and hands-on mentality
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• A positive attitude towards safety
• Excellent attention to detail, high levels of organization, and a clear communication
• Disciplined in adhering to and implementing prescribed processes
• Previous work experience in a technical field will be a bonus
What We’ll Offer:
• A highly motivated team
• The exciting life of a fast-growing tech startup
• The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas
• The active promotion of your personal and professional development
• The chance to have a positive impact through your work