Operations – UK – Aviation Team · Ratho, Edinburgh, Midlothian
Cyberhawk is a fast-growing, successful technology company with big ambitions. We are the industry leaders in drone-based visual inspection and survey solutions for energy infrastructure and major capital projects clients. Our cloud-based enterprise software iHawk is a visual-data solution that harnesses drone and other visual data to allow large scale sites and assets to be managed and maintained easily. Ultimately, we help make asset & project management be safer, easier and greener thus keeping people out of danger and significantly reducing the carbon footprint of the energy and capital projects sectors.
It’s really cool work, tackling challenging problems!
Our people are the secret to our success. We thrive because of our team’s incredible talent and outstanding service. We plan to grow a lot this year and are looking for a number of people to join our high-performance team.
Our values and what it is like to work here:
We have a no drama way of working. We work as one team, growing together, sharing our knowledge and skills to help us all succeed and feel valued. We are a team who cares about the work we are doing and find it rewarding. We value learning and seeking out new challenges and we are not afraid to make mistakes. We are open and honest in our communication and trust and respect each other. We strive to deliver the best results and deliver work that we are all proud of. We enjoy our work, contribute and make ourselves heard. More importantly, we have a laugh and fun whilst doing it!
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Salary Exchange Pension scheme
- Life insurance, Digital GP & Employee Assistance Programme
- Free onsite Gym membership and discounted climbing rates
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Monthly adventure draw
- Pet friendly office
- Field Wellness and Mobile Phone Allowance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Quarterly team building activities
About the role:
We are looking for an Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Project Manager with a proven background in aviation safety to oversee a portfolio of exciting UAS technology development projects including Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS). The role will involve planning and executing a number of cutting-edge projects that require excellent collaboration between equipment manufacturers, operational teams, and end customers. Attention to detail and a drive to deliver a gold standard are essential. A key enabler of several projects will be safety assurance, including obtaining appropriate regulatory approval.
The role will require some time at our office in Edinburgh, the US and travel to manufacturers and customer sites in the UK, US and potentially other overseas locations.
- Programme Management of a range of projects covering new UAS systems, procedures and safety cases.
- Project Management of individual, concurrent projects which will require:
- Coordinating a range of stakeholders to ensure outcomes are delivered on time and budget
- Draft safety documentation for waivers, operational authorisations and specific operating risk assessments (SORA) including for flights beyond line of sight
- Coordinate the production of new/amended operating procedures
- Coordinate the production of new/amended training material
- Assist with researching new technology and coordinate teams to evaluate further
- Organising proof of concept activities
- Liaison with the commercial team to understand potential opportunities
- Assist the teams in assessing potential return on investment of new systems
Who would be a good fit to our role:
Essential skills and experience
- Knowledge of UAS regulations in the UK, EU, USA and beyond
- Experience developing aviation safety cases
- Technical knowledge of UAS systems
- Experience operating different UAS systems
- Experience of running multiple, concurrent projects
- Experience developing operating procedures and training materials
- Understanding of hazard identification and risk mitigation
- Highly organised with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Innovative thought process and problem-solving skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of BVLOS operations & safety cases
- Experience working with the CAA, FAA and other aviation authorities
- Project Management Qualification
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.