Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Are you a witty, creative, results-oriented self-starter? Do you live and breathe current events and cultural moments? Do you have experience in building online communities? Do you enjoy spending time on social media, and engaging audiences across a variety of platforms?
Wing is looking for a Social Media Manager to join our global Marketing and Communications team, based in Sydney, Australia. The ideal candidate has a passion for building and engaging online communities, written storytelling, has a social media-first perspective, and is an expert at execution. Attention to detail is a must with excellent written communication and copywriting skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, nurture, and grow an engaged social media community for Wing in Australia and globally.
- Increase Wing’s impact and following, and drive conversations with targeted audiences.
- Create, write, and publish content for all Wing’s social channels (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube), tailored for global, regional, and local audiences.
- Create proactive strategy and plan to ensure social channels contribute to Wing’s business goals. Develop global schedules, processes, and best practices.
- Own all social media publishing, trends, and sentiment tools. Apply learnings to Wing’s social media channels and related activations.
- Gather and analyse social and influencer campaign data and keep organised records of past campaigns, learnings, and actions.
- Work cross-team and cross-functionally to execute a best in class social media strategy.
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in communications or marketing.
- 5+ years of experience owning social media channels for an organisation, creating content, campaigns, engaging and building online communities and audiences.
- Bias for action. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience leveraging data and trends to generate insights to understand target audiences.
- Ability to work in a globally dispersed and fast-paced environment, with multiple priorities while maintaining strong focus on execution and results.
- Good judgement, project management, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work out of regular business hours and/or weekends; some travel may be required.
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.