If you are the sort of person that enjoys their privacy or you are in a situation that makes you want to cloak your operations, there is a solution.
It has been on GitHub for four years and needs resurfacing. The ESP8266 single-board computer used can be picked up for less than $10 USD in most countries. It is very short range but in numbers.
Just to sort of technology to get working in the comfort of your own home and send to a friend for Easter.
ESP8266 based WiFi spoofing throwie example for DJI DroneID (Remote Drone Identification broadcast)
A more robust software-based implementation is located here: https://github.com/DJISDKUser/metasploit-framework/tree/DJIDroneIDSpoof
H.A.R.D. – Hackers Against Remote DroneID
- use a throwie for anonymity! Make yourself a needle in a haystack.
- copy and rebroadcast someone else’s valid ID?
- create a ‘vanity swarm’ around your aircraft, or location for lulz! #Skypeen #AirDicks
- generate arbitrary flight path trails to form polygons
- create randomized fuckery for Remote Drone ID receiver operators (such as DJI AeroScope users)
- test your own Remote Drone Identification technology for flawed logic.