Jennings Aeronautics/UAV Factory is a San Luis Obispo, CA based company designing and manufacturing best-in-class small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS). Our portfolio includes aircraft deployed with the USMC, USAF, UK MoD as well as 56 additional countries. Our current premier family of Stalker and Penguin aircraft feature long-range/long-endurance, vertical take-off and landing all with minimal ground support requirements. We specialize in building full systems from concept to deployment utilizing multidisciplinary teams that bring together software, electronics, composites, hardware, and flight dynamics. At Jennings/UAV Factory we strive for our technology not only around being capable, but adaptable to meet the needs of critical missions. As a global team, we get the opportunity to put our fingerprints on the products we make, giving each team member personal responsibility and agency from design to delivery. We are proud to have a staff with unparalleled standards focused on quality, system performance, and safety.
The Jennings Aeronautics/UAV Factory platform is seeking a Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) to lead the integration, strategy, and direction of HR across the company. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CHRO will lead the HR team and drive strategic HR initiatives across all divisions of Jennings Aeronautics/UAV Factory. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, strong communicator and forward-thinking leader with a customer service mindset. This is a highly visible and rewarding position with the opportunity to make an immediate impact and contribution to company strategy and success. The position will be based out of the San Luis Obispo, CA or DC Metro area with flexible telecommuting offered.
What you will do:
- Lead the Human Resources team supporting a geographically dispersed (CONUS and OCONUS) employee group within the platform in the areas of employee relations, employee engagement, learning & development, legal compliance, measuring and reporting, performance management, HR strategic initiatives, compensation, etc.
- Ensure policies, procedures and HR programs are consistently administered, aligned with organizational goals, and in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements and employment laws
- Serve as the primary point of contact on HR-related matters for Jennings/UAV Factory leadership and corporate team
- Develop and implement KPIs for periodic analysis and presentation to leadership
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive and senior management on all employee relations matter
- Provide leadership and direction to the HR team across the platform
- Provide leaders and employees with coaching, consultation, and guidance on the effective management of people, structure, resourcing, and relationships
- Participate in proposal development and reviews, as needed, and provide compensation data support for proposals
- Participate in due diligence for company mergers and acquisitions.
- Assist leaders and employees at all levels with developing and consistently demonstrating effective communication and conflict management
- Collaborate with the HR team across Jennings/UAV Factory to foster partnerships with management to support and develop culture, increase morale, motivate employees, and assist in driving key corporate HR initiatives across the company
- Communicate changes in the organization’s HR policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed
- Lead HR Strategic initiatives and/or projects in collaboration with leadership and stakeholders
- Manage the annual performance review program ensuring goal/expectation consistency among all managers
- Assists in implementation, administration and oversight of the organization’s compensation program and policy
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable federal and state employment and hiring laws and regulations
- Manage the human resources department budget
- Oversight of all benefit plans across the platform
- Oversee HR team’s utilization of Payroll and HRIS systems to include new hire data, employee information, benefit plan management, reports for leadership, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
What you must have:
- At least 15 years of directly relevant HR experience, to include increasing levels of responsibility
- At least 10 years of managing a team of HR professionals in support of both commercial and government contractor organizations
- Demonstrated experience leading the implementation and/or direction of compensation structure, strategy, and policy
- Significant experience and demonstrated success leading strategic HR initiatives and projects
- Experience with HR and Payroll software
- Knowledge of U.S. Federal and state labor laws
- Self-motivated and effective working with minimal supervision
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational, problem solving and analytic skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to properly handle confidential information and exercise good judgment and discretion in handling and disseminating information AB
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize jobs in a fast-paced environment; ability to meet hard deadlines
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization in an articulate, clear, and concise manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically Excel and Word
What we’d like you to have:
- Experience leading an HR team within a publicly traded company
- SHRM-SCP or SPHR Certification
- Experience supporting AAP, EEO, ISO and SOX audit
- – Strategy development
- – Organizational design and development
- – C-Suite talent succession; Leadership coaching
- – HR transformation
- – HRIS Management
- – Diversity & inclusion strategy
- – M&A and divestitures
- – Workforce analytics
At Jennings, we care about every team member, and offer a positive culture with opportunities for career growth, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision coverage
- Dental Insurance
- 401K—up to 4% matching
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Additional paid sick time
Jennings Aeronautics/UAV Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Jennings and UAV Factory, we strive to empower every member of our team to innovate, ideate, and communicate, cultivating a culture around curiosity and learning. Because we are committed to quality, Jennings/UAV Factory is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or any of the other important characteristics that make us unique and valuable. We celebrate and crave diversity because we realize different perspectives and experiences make us stronger and pave the runway for our future.
- If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the offer of employment is contingent on the results.
- Based on our work requirements, applicants must comply with NOFORN security classification.
- Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Jennings/UAV Factory. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by Jennings/UAV Factory will be required prior to starting employment with the Company.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19:
Jennings Aeronautics is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees. While we continue to meet our commitments delivering the highest quality product to our customers, the health, safety, and wellbeing of our employees and their families remains our top priority. As the situation evolves, so does our plan. Not only are we following all CDC, state, and local guidelines, but we’re taking extra precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We remain vigilant and will continue to be proactive in keeping our community safe.