Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Are you a witty, creative, results-oriented self-starter? Do you live and breathe current events and cultural moments? Do you enjoy spending time on social media and engaging audiences on any platform? Do you have experience in building online communities?
Wing is looking for a Social Media Manager to join our Marketing and Communications team, based in Palo Alto, CA. The ideal candidate has a passion for written storytelling, with a social media-first perspective, and is an expert at execution. Attention to detail is a must with excellent written communication and copywriting skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Create, write, and publish content for Wing’s social channels
- Build an engaged following, drive conversations with targeted audiences and beyond
- Create proactive strategy and plan to ensure social channels contribute to Wing’s business goals
- Own social media publishing, trends, and sentiment tools. Apply learnings to Wing’s social media channels and related activations
- Gather and analyze social and influencer campaign data and keep organized records of past campaigns
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in communications or marketing
- 5+ years of experience living in social media channels for a company, creating content, campaigns, engaging and building audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience leveraging data and trends to generate insights to understand target audiences
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with multiple priorities while maintaining strong focus on execution and results
- Good judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to work out of regular business hours and/or weekends; light travel required
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.