FLEXIBLE /BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND STRATEGY /FULL-TIME
At Elroy Air, we are building autonomous cargo aircraft systems that will change the way the world moves goods. Transporting cargo by air can be much faster than by land or sea – but before recent developments in perception, autonomy, electric powertrain and aerospace materials, air transport has remained too expensive. We’re going to change that. And we’re solving a big problem – the express logistics industry worldwide spends $140B annually.
Our future partners and customers are responding enthusiastically. As we prepare to pilot our vehicles with customers, we are looking for people like you: motivated teammates excited by this mission and by the rare opportunity to develop a world-class autonomous air transport system. You will play a critical part in designing and developing the Elroy Air system.
As an Analyst on the Business Development and Strategy team, you will play a vital role in developing business intelligence that touches every corner of the company. This includes developing and refining strategies around customer development, partnerships, and other strategic initiatives helping to drive the company’s business forward.
This role requires strong problem-solving and analytical skills, excellent planning and prioritization habits, and the ability to articulate and present information concisely and effectively.
This is a full-time role that is flexible in location: in person at our headquarters in San Francisco, or remotely.
What You’ll Own
- Market research, market sizing, and market segmentation
- Competitive Analysis and substitute comparison analysis
- Cost modeling and unit economics
- Product feature research analysis
- Translating complex analysis into simple customer & investor friendly slides
- Quantifying the “unknown” to help drive strategic decision making
- Developing business cases and ROI reports
- Customer-related analysis
- Developing core KPIs
- Providing quantitative support to enhance business deals
Our Ideal Candidate
- You are entrepreneurial, resourceful, and kind
- You are able to translate complex analysis into simple investor and customer-ready slides
- You have quantitative modeling skills
- You are a strong communicator and are comfortable interfacing directly with company leadership
- You have a proven track record of working well both across internal teams and interfacing with external partners
- You are able to work collaboratively with customers
- You are able to comfortably work under pressure and take on projects with ambiguity
- You understand how to analyze markets, competition, and how to leverage core competencies to create defensible strategies
- You are humble and work well with a wide range of people
Bonus Points For
- Experience in Management Consulting, Investment banking, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Corporate Finance, or comparable high growth tech company
- Experience in technology, manufacturing, or industrial sectors
- Have an interest in aviation and new transportation technologies
- MBA is a plus but not required
Elroy Air values and strives for diversity in our workforce and does not discriminate based on applicant identity in accordance with equal employment opportunities and federal, state, and local law.
We define diversity as a variety of perspectives, life experiences, and backgrounds that form a person’s identity. This includes not just gender identity and race, but also; ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, religion, age, ability, parenthood status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any combination of these characteristics.
We encourage you to apply even if you aren’t an exact match for our open role, many of our team members come from nontraditional backgrounds.
All employees will be screened through E-Verify.