Gain specialized professional skills to become a drone pilot in this emerging field with application to various industries. Our Professional Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) program will teach you all aspects of operating drones for commercial use. From agricultural, environmental and industrial monitoring and inspection to emergency response to 3-D mapping and beyond, the use of drones for a variety of applications in numerous industries is rapidly evolving.
You’ll learn about the construction and maintenance of drone technology and be trained and licensed according to Transport Canada guidelines for Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems. You’ll also add value to clients and employers by gaining practical experience with inspections, mapping and the processing of geomatics data performed by Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems and emerging Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) operations. Understanding these systems will allow you to contribute to business operations by addressing how RPAS and BVLOS can help meet business needs and client demands.
Is this the right fit for me?
In accordance with Transport Canada’s overall requirements, the pilot operating the RPAS must:
- Not suffer from any condition which would render them unfit to perform their duties.
- Have visual acuity 20/20 or 20/20 corrected (i.e. use of corrective lenses).
- Have sufficient English language ability so to be understood by local Air Traffic Control when using VHF radio.
- Evidence of good health.
After successfully completing this program, graduates will receive their Professional Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems certificate.
Graduates can pursue job opportunities as a(n):
- RPAS pilot performing visual inspections
- beyond visual line of sight RPAS operations
- mission planner
- pilot performing survey and mapping flights
Related careers include:
- geographic information systems technologist
- non-destructive inspection technician
Tuition and fees per year*
Year 1: $10,233
*Tuition, fees, books and supply costs are subject to change
You will be offered admission to this program through direct entry if you meet the admission requirements and space is available.
When can you apply?
- Applications are now open! Apply today.
|Summer 2021||Aug. 16, 2021|