- Zeiloch, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Job Location: Bruchsal
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
Our Electric Propulsion System consisting of state-of-the-art battery, power distribution and controlled electric motors are key to making Volocopter’s products extremely safe to fly. With your specific experience in the development of electrical system for aviation or in integrating electric propulsion components into mobility products, you contribute directly to the certification of this uniquely safe and simple flight experience. As an integral part of our Electrical Propulsion System (EPS) development team, you ensure that the proper system development processes are followed by the battery, power distribution and electric motors design teams.
- Work closely with colleagues in multiple disciplines to define and document requirements, design descriptions, functions etc., at system and component level to meet aircraft level needs.
- Specify and support the validation and verification activities according to ARP-4754A.
- Ensure bi-directional traceability (up to A/C level requirements and down to SW / HW component requirements).
- Coordinate and support system level / component level milestones (E.g.: PDR / CDR / TRR).
- Analyze and report relevant requirements, conduct clarification meetings with stakeholders.
- Work on system level activities according to the company needs (E.g.: Electrical and Digital Interface Control Documents, Electrical Load Analysis, Voltage Drop Analysis, Power Quality Analysis, System Integration Simulations).
- Baseline requirement releases and ensure that change control processes are followed.
- Mediate and highlight concerns associated with the electric propulsion components applicable to both systems and aircraft levels.
- Follow configuration management processes and use requirements management tools to perform your system engineering activities.
- Collaborate with the electrical motors, power distribution and battery engineers to develop the best EPS system integration solutions.
- Provide support for formal audits and exchanges with EASA, as needed.
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge and at least 7 years of experience with:
- Systems Engineering / V Model in Aviation or other complex product development industry.
- Requirement Management and System Architecture.
- ARP 4754A and its artifacts.
- Basic knowledge and eager to learn and research the key elements associated with:
- Li-ion batteries.
- Brushless DC motor control.
- DC Power Distribution.
- Digital Communication Buses.
- Power Quality on Electric systems.
- Knowledge in at least one Aviation Electric System Integration related activities (E.g.: Electrical Load Analysis, Power quality, Interface Control Documents).
- Knowledge in certification and safety development processes.
- Proficient in at least one requirements management tool (E.g. Doors, Integrity).
- Proficiency in System Development and Modeling Tools is a plus (E.g.: SysML, MATLAB).
- Ability to link theoretical analysis results to practical design decisions.
- Team player, confident in technical discussions, ability to organize and “get things done”.
- Structured way of working, high sense of responsibility, Hands-On attitude.
- Dynamic and flexible to face and solve the “unexpected”.
- Excellent communications skills as you will be bridging the aircraft and component levels based on all relevant stakeholders’ inputs.
- Full working proficiency in English.
- Fast-growing high tech company with a supreme network of investors and partners
- Ability to contribute directly to the future of aviation
- The chance to build up new things/projects from scratch
- Personal accountability, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- An inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat structures, great team spirit
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employee. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.