Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
Do you have a knack for translating highly technical and complex concepts into easy to use information? Have you worked in a highly-regulated environment that has helped you develop a sensitivity to the needs of both the regulators and the users of manuals?
We are looking for a talented technical writer to help create and build a robust, high-quality document system for our fast-paced operations, including manuals, operating procedures and policies. You’ll have the opportunity to use your applied reasoning and strong analytical skills to advocate for creating improvements in messaging and documentation as well as develop and promote the adoption of documentation. You’ll be responsible for deliverables of substantial scope and complexity.
You will collaborate with many cross functional teams, listening and drawing from their expertise, experiences and needs. You will work within a fast-paced and dynamic working environment. You know how to set a high bar for quality and accuracy for your documentation and you will hold your communications and action to the same standard.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create, maintain and update high-quality manuals, procedures and other documents that comply with regulatory requirements and are easy to use
- Design and establish style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations
- Review, revise, edit and proofread documents prepared by others
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of updates to documents
- Drive cross functional engagement with SMEs for review and approval of documentation
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism (or significant prior experience as a Technical Writer)
- You have meaningful prior experience working with or in a regulatory body focused on aviation, aerospace and/or transportation (in certain cases, candidates with strong relevant experience in other highly-regulated and safety-oriented industries may also be considered)
- Experience working cross functionally to communicate the nuts and bolts of a process
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process, including experience developing technical standards and business process (internal and external facing)
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- You can communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) and build strong relationships with internal business teams and external stakeholders
- You have the grit, resourcefulness, and resilience to thrive in novel, uncertain and constantly-changing business and regulatory environments
- Must be eligible to work in the US
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!