Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users – from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters. We are looking for a driven, results oriented Solution Engineer to lead technical discovery and implementation with our enterprise customers. You will be responsible for understanding customer requirements and demonstrating the features of the Skydio product lines to win deals.
A successful candidate for this role will act as glue between our product and sales teams, understand the customer’s requirements and Skydio’s specifications and build achievable plans to implement Skydio technology to specification. This role reports to the Director of Solutions Engineering and will work closely with our Product, Engineering, and Sales functions to deliver industry leading autonomous solutions on schedule.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Drive Skydio’s understanding of customer requirements, identify customer key metrics of success for; and conduct Proof-of-Concepts, (POCs) and relevant field trials.
- Prepare and conduct all aspects of system demonstrations including independently setting up developmental equipment, operating/trouble-shooting the system and presenting its values to customers and partners.
- Lead all aspects of system validation and customer implementations to ensure successful deployment.
- Provide subject matter expertise in enterprise level field operations and guide Sales, Customer Success and Product teams.
- Support business development through technical writing for RFIs and RFPs
- Support product roadmap definition and requirements by acting as a SME and “voice of the customer” for Enterprise customers.
- General support of go-to-market & business activities as required.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills to audiences of all levels.
- Experience implementing new technology for internal/external customers and interfacing with technical teams to deliver projects on schedule.
- Bring a strong background in UAV systems as well as an additional technical area (Photogrammetry, UAS inspection, mission planning software, , prototyping, electronics, or aviation regulations.)
- Technical knowledge or experience with Enterprise level organizations using UAV systems, sensors, and analysis systems.
- Experience with a large organization’s acquisition process for technology.
- Ability to obtain Part 107 Certificate is required.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture across race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, experience, neurodiversity, and background. Together, our goal is to ensure that autonomous drones are deployed ethically and effectively across all industries.