Full-time position – Starting date: asap – Location: Darmstadt/Germany
Do you want to shape the future of aviation? Do you share our vision of saving and improving lives through technology with a purpose? Then join our ambitious team of young talents and experienced professionals!
We at Wingcopter design innovative, high-performance drones that are operated all over the world in commercial and humanitarian operations. Our drone technology saves and improves lives every day.
Currently, we are looking for a Drone Pilot who supports the company’s flight operation in Germany and abroad by preparing, conducting and debriefing flights, as well as participating in setting up operational standards, handling equipment, performing basic service and maintenance on the UAS and equipment.
What You’ll Do
- Take responsibility for the safe operation of the UAV including the safety of persons
- Ensure that all persons involved are fully briefed on the location and use of relevant safety and emergency equipment
- Explore the air routes, airfields and drop-off sites
- Ensure that the weather forecast and reports for the proposed operating area and flight duration indicate that the flight may be conducted
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that the UAV mass and balance is within the calculated limits for the operating conditions
- Ensure that the amount of useable voltage in flight is not less than the voltage required to proceed to a landing area where a safe landing can be made, with final reserve of voltage remaining
What You’ll Need:
- Completed apprenticeship (or higher)
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the job educated
- Holding a glider pilot / sport pilot license (or higher) incl. valid medical class 3 (health certificate)
- Experience as a drone pilot for multi-copter and/or fixed-wing drones or model planes
- Driver’s license up to 3.5 tonnes
- Advanced written and spoken English language skills
- Minimum basic computer and internet skills
What you’ll bring as a perfect candidate:
- You are a team player.
- You have a can-do mentality.
- You believe that technology can have a positive impact on society and our future.
What We’ll Offer:
- A highly motivated team
- The exciting life of a fast-growing tech startup
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas
- The active promotion of your personal and professional development
- The chance to have a positive impact through your work
- An extraordinary working environment (we have our own swimming pool!)