The Emerging Growth & Incubation Group is responsible for incubating new ideas within Intel. As part of an initiative to enable the automation of aerial data collection through the use of drone technology, we are looking for a senior leader to manage the hardware and software development of the next generation drone platform. The engineering manager must have in depth experience with systems engineering, leading a geographically dispersed team and a track record of successfully delivering complex programs. The right candidate should be experienced with managing large teams (80+ engineers), effectively driving engineering best practices and operational efficiencies and product development in a lean and agile environment.
You will have an opportunity to lead an engineering organization in a new venture at Intel in an exciting and innovative start-up environment. You will also be able to leverage the Intel brand and resources.
- Experience in a start-up or thrives in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to dive deep and to get things done
- Experience building or managing performance and safety critical systems or similar
- Experience in the drone industry or field with government regulatory oversight
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Effective interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Minimum BSc degree in EE/CS or a related field or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: systems or platform engineering, software engineering or platform architecture
- 10+ years of experience managing teams who have shipped and supported scalable production systems
- 10+ years of leadership experience managing highly technical teams;
- 10+ experience with leading and managing geographically dispersed hardware and software engineering teams
Inside this Business Group
Emerging Growth Incubation (EGI) Group is responsible for creating an environment within Intel to generate new billion-dollar businesses leveraging Intel’s competitive advantages. We focus on new business opportunities and identify, incubate and scale the next “big thing” for Intel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance….
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter….
Apply here US Experienced Hire JR0127053 Santa Clara