Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Flight Operations Lead based in Christiansburg, VA. As the regional team leader, you will be responsible for the conduct of daily flight operations and managing vendors who operate our system. You’ll ensure the proper implementation of Wing policy and FAA regulations on the site. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring the technical and material readiness of flight operations equipment and facilities. In this role, you will also partner with cross-functional teams and engage with external stakeholders to support Wing’s business objectives. You’ll have the opportunity for increased responsibility as Wing scales up its flight operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage daily flight operations in Virginia to support business objectives.
- Conduct ongoing reviews and ensure the compliance of flight operations with Wing regulatory standards across operations, flight manuals and/or maintenance manuals.
- Oversee the documentation of maintenance records.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Years experience in the UAS industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the regulatory compliance for Part 107 operations.
- Remote Piloted Aircraft (RPA/UA) Qualified as defined by the FAA.
- Travel required.
- Prior experience in Part 107 Operations.
- Previous experience with UAS.
- Passion for unmanned aircraft.
- Experience working in a growth-oriented startup culture.
- Driven self-starter and problem solver.
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.