Swoop Aero was founded to bring autonomous air transport to everyday life by revolutionising access to on-demand healthcare for everyone, everywhere.
We’ve seen considerable progress at Swoop Aero over the last 6 months have successfully deployed the first inbound/ outbound airborne logistics service in the world, raising venture capital to continue our rapid growth and being recognised as a joint winner of the New York Times Good Tech Awards 2018.
So what next? With our experience and newfound capital, we’re working to build our global team and expand operations across multiple markets. To help us achieve our vision, we’re looking for a strategy and operations associate. You’ll work primarily with the leadership team but run your own streams of work with tenacity and purpose.
As the title suggests, the role will be an intersection between strategy and operations. You’ll also be focused on stakeholder management and business development.
A little bit about the role and your responsibilities:
- You will help manage and monitor the company strategy and KPIs
- You will use structured problem solving to produce clear presentations and financial models in support of company sales and fund-raising efforts
- You will help manage financial models and the company budget
- You will undertake research and analysis regarding new business opportunities and the company expansion strategy
- You will design and implement processes for our operations hubs, monitoring and improving the processes iteratively
- You will manage and run ground operations in conjunction with our aviation operations teams
- You will review commercial contracts to help ensure they are commercially practical and reasonable and provide input as necessary
- You will set up corporate entities and other business infrastructure in new countries and new markets
- You will work with stakeholders and the wider operations team on import/ export duties of equipment and aircraft to foreign countries
Stakeholder management/ business development
- You will manage multi-stakeholders in sales and reporting processes
- You will find and build relationships with potential donors, customers and a broad set of senior stakeholders — in this way you’ll be a natural with people and hold a high and professional level of business acumen
- You will help manage the broader sales pipeline and your own individual pipeline
- You will work on tender documents to help the company in securing new opportunities
You’ll be working flexibly from our Port Melbourne Office but will be required to travel abroad up to 50% of the time to support and run business operations globally, currently including Vanuatu, the Asia Pacific, and Africa.
We are seeking an individual with the ability to lead and influence our strategy and operational vision as we seek to redefine access to healthcare with airborne mobility for thousands of people across the world.
You are a creative and lateral thinker with a strong organisational and analytical mindset. You’ll be drawn to working in an entrepreneurial environment, supporting the general business functions and the operations and engineering teams to achieve effective results and scale our autonomous airborne transport networks globally.
We’d love to meet if this sounds like you:
- Ability to demonstrate experience (18 months minimum) in strategy, operations and stakeholder management — likely through experience in a consulting firm, startup or other professional background
- Ability to demonstrate entrepreneurial drive, business acumen, creativity and ability to think both structured and lateral thinking
- Be excited about spending a lot of time travelling internationally
These aren’t essential but if is sounds like you, make sure to let us know:
- Experience working in emerging markets
- Knowledge of public health systems or experience working in public health
- Familiarity with large multi-stakeholder deals
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia, Tagalog, French or other languages
- The proven ability to build and manage a sales pipeline
This is a commercial role, so no engineering is required. But you should be enthusiastic about the technology and the mission!
- Start-up sized company, where you can make an immediate impact
- Responsible for autonomous transport operations that makes a positive impact to people’s lives
- Opportunity to shape the role and make it your own
- Fast career progression in a fast growing company
About the process
To apply, please follow this link and submit your CV and a one page cover letter.
If your skills and experience are a match, we’ll contact you by email within 7 days, and kick off the process with a short introductory call.
We value diversity and are seeking to build a diverse world class team. We encourage those who are typically underrepresented in tech to apply!