Here at Aerial Motion Pictures, we are looking for someone who can seriously multi-task and integrate into a passionate team that operates in the ever-evolving and exciting drone industry. The goal is to help customers on their journey to getting a ‘Permission for Commercial Operation’ (or PfCO) through our ICARUS course. This will involve teaching the ICARUS course throughout the UK and conducting Flight Assessments from our Midlands headquarters. You’ll also need to input and help with the development of further training applicable to the drone industry.
We’ll train you up over a 12 month period, starting with assessing students with Flight Examinations and then we will slowly start to integrate you into the full Instructor training program.
At the end of the 12 month training period you will be able to deliver the full ICARUS PfCO course independently with support of our amazing administration team.
You’ll need to keep up with the latest trends and goings-on in the drone industry and have a passion for drones yourself! You’ll need to be flexible and willing to travel (sometimes at weekends).
Most importantly we are looking for the right fit for our team. If you’ve got the skills and are ready to go, brilliant. If not, we’ll give the right person all the support and training they need to be successful through our ‘Train the Trainer’ programme.
This role would suit someone who has a huge passion for drones and wants to share their passion with others.
About Aerial Motion Pictures
Our company has an outstanding reputation for delivering the ICARUS Drone Training course since 2015 with over 350 5* reviews on Trustpilot and over 1500 registered ICARUS graduates. Our HQ is based at the beautiful Keele University Science & Innovation Park with great transport links and facilities, only a short stroll away. We’re a modern and forward looking company that has lots of exciting projects planned and ongoing. We’re looking for somebody to come and join this exciting journey.
- Delivering the ICARUS Course to students in various locations around the UK
- Assessing students during their Operational Evaluations (Flight Test)
- Evaluating Operations Manuals to enable students to apply for their PfCO successfully
- Deliver demonstrations on aircraft
- Deliver effective practical flight training on a variety of aircraft
- Help with the day to day up-keep of course content
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work. They are not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required.
- Have completed a recognised National Qualified Entity (NQE) course
- At least 1 years experience in a professional aviation role or in the UAS Industry
- A good understanding and ability to fly in non-GPS (ATTI)
- Working knowledge and experience of the CAA rules and regulations, including CAP 722 and the CAP 393
- You’re happy working on your own initiative, but you’re equally comfortable solving problems with a team
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary
- Sense of accountability and sound professional judgement
- A valid driver’s license
- Previous experience within a teaching or instructor role
- Able to fly Model aircraft (fixed wing & helicopters)
- Able to maintain, fault find and repair small unmanned aircraft
- Starting Salary of £21,000.00 to £23,000.00 year (based on experience) progressing to higher tiers as you further develop your skills and experience.
- Pension: we offer a full auto-enrolment workplace pension for all employees who want it
- Large amounts of autonomy and empowerment in your work
- Holidays: we offer 28 days of holiday per annum, including bank holidays
- Flexible working : we don’t have fixed working hours, some of our team start at 8am, others at 10am. We trust you to establish an effective working pattern that allows you to excel in your role and makes you a great team member
Learning & Development
- Books, courses and conference budgets for all employees
So if you think you’ve got what it takes, send us your CV along with a 60 – 90 second video explaining why you think you would be right for us here at Aerial Motion Pictures.
Email your CV and a link to your application video to [email protected]
If you want any more information please call 01491 526 700 and speak to Adam Georgiou.
Please note – if you don’t send a video we will not consider your application (and nobody wants that!)
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.