Avy is looking for an intern that can be part of our R&D team to look into advanced sense & avoid systems for our UAVs.Avy builds drones for good. Together with our partners and clients, we use our drones for wildlife conservation and medical cargo projects.
Our platform is designed to fly far, beyond what a pilot on the ground can see. To ensure safe flights in airspace that is increasingly crowded, and in geographies that bring all kinds of challenges, we are integrating advanced sense & avoid systems that help us fly safe, autonomous and far beyond the pilot’s sight.
INTERNSHIP · AMSTERDAM
- Map technical requirements for Sense and Avoid systems on the basis of our platform, the missions we intend to fly, and the regulatory frameworks for Beyond-Visual-Line-Of-Sight (BVLOS) flights in the geographies we intend to operate in.
- Define the ideal system, a combination of sensors, communication systems and software.
- Identify various of the shelf S&A systems available, and their pros and cons for integration in our platform.
- Collaborate with our technology partners to design and build test setups for various S&A solutions.
- Currently studying at a technical university. E.g. robotics, aerospace engineering (controls & simulation), etc.
- Ready to start in November or December
- Available for at least 3 months, preferably 6
- Internship can be both a practical internship, as well as a thesis assignment.
What we offer
- A remuneration of 350 euro per month
- Travel cost compensation
- Great lunches every day
- A super nice working atmosphere
- An office with table tennis, bar, sauna and disco toilet
Apply & join the team! We are excited to hear from you :)
Internship position. Starting date: As soon as possible
EU citizenship is required for this post. Avy does not offer relocation support.
Deadline for applications: January 11th 2018 11.59 pm Apply now