MMC, a leading provider of high end commercial drones and the manufacturer of the world’s first hydrogen-powered drone has upgraded its solution“ Spider”, the king of power line stringing solution to boost the world’s electricity production and distribution to facilitate economic growth especially for areas with varied topography. Rugged mountains, and large areas inaccessible by roads make power line stringing and inspection difficult and dangerous to do with a human workforce. So in many ways, drones are the perfect tool for power line stringing.
Spider, that’s a complete set of drone solution of power line stringing solution covering professional drone F6 Plus, schemes and pilots team to help finish stringing project without deforestation, damage to farmland and environment. MMC’s professional pilots team has six-year experience of power line stringing and had successful cases in Asia such as Bhutan and Indonesia. The solution has experience of power line stringing for over 300 thousand kilometers. The professional drones have flied over Kalimantan Tropical rain forest, high-altitude mountains in Bhutan, China’s island and rivers, and etc..
The drone solution Spider offers customizable features including:
- Intelligent drop device mounted on the drones can avoid the problem of being intertwined by branches or hanged by human.
- The drones with payloads can fly for more than 20 minutes, and complete the power line stringing project over 900 meters’ range.
- The payload is up to 5 kg, and realize the bearing of standard leading line of 3mm. Users don’t have to use unprofessional leading lines such as fish wires any more.
- The auto flight can be set. The switch between the manual operation and route planing can be realized to make the stringing work more stable
- The wind resistant scale is grade 5, which meet the power line stringing requirements perfectly.
- The Spider solution can be based on A6 Plus，which can implement tasks in the rain due to its carbon fiber materials and tightness.
7.The payloads can be turned into cameras and gimbals to change the functions and implement the inspection tasks due to its plug and play design.
So far, with the drone solution of Spider, MMC has accumulated rich experience of power line stringing project. In 2016, MMC helped KEC International Ltd to complete power line stringing project in Bhutan of high altitude after proposing scheme towards the topography of steep and high mountains crisscrossed by a network of swift rivers, which form deep valleys. Well at the same year, MMC built long-term cooperation relationship with PLN, the Indonesian State Electricity Company, MMC provides drones and training for PLN’s development team.
MMC provides a complete range of services including the free demonstration before the purchasing, training, project guidance and after-sales service to meet customers requirements. To gain the confidence of the customer, MMC can apply for demonstration before purchasing drones or enjoy the service.
MMC owned its own pilots team, with 50 pilots in China, ten in India, 5 in Indonesia. And its AOPA training center issue certificate for qualified pilots. The team at MMC fuses expertise and years of experience in commercial drone operations. This varied experience make it possible to design a solution suited to meet the needs of the most complex industrial environments.