Drones are changing the world, and DJI’s PR Manager for Silicon Valley is responsible for ensuring our story gets heard in a hotbed of innovation. This position requires a broad range of skills to represent DJI’s vital interests, usually under pressure and always amid competing priorities. You will need to excel at product PR by learning complicated technology, explaining it easily to media, pushing it hard during product rollouts and representing the brand in unplanned situations. You must also have strong experience in policy issues to speak authoritatively and advance DJI’s positions on the many legal and regulatory issues affecting drones. You will be expected to have strong writing skills for press releases, op-eds and other key deliverables.
Past experience as a journalist is helpful but not required. You need to be able to think like a reporter, respond quickly to changing events and appear unflappable in a crisis. You will be expected to develop creative ideas to advance DJI’s product and policy agendas. You need to be exceptionally organized and detail-oriented, from learning the specifics of our products, to tracking news coverage and equipment loans, to producing flawless written products. You must also be flexible to accommodate the operations of a global company in which your closest collaborator on a project may be on the other side of the globe.
Proficiency in Spanish and/or Mandarin is extremely helpful but not required.
• Planning, developing and implementing public relations strategies
• Maintaining effective working relationships with relevant organizations and media representatives
• Liaising with and answering inquiries from media, individuals and organizations
• Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
• Collating and analyzing media coverage
• Writing and editing speeches, articles and reports
• Organizing events including media interviews and press visits
• Managing the public relations aspect of a potential crisis situation
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage business relationships.
• Ability to operate independently in a sometimes ambiguous work environment.
• Ability to set goals, prioritize tasks, and achieve success with minimal oversight.
• Genuine interest in technology and drones.
• Extraordinary verbal/written communication skills.
• Culturally sensitive and appreciative of the fact that DJI is a global company.
• Strong attention to detail, while staying focused on larger goals.