Project Wing, which resides in Google[x], is creating an on-demand delivery system in the sky. Our aviation technology is on the leading edge, and pushes the boundaries of numerous technical challenges in sensing, autonomy, aircraft design, and contingency management. We’ve built a prototype to show how such a system can work and are now developing the next generation to be ultra reliable and ready for service. We tackle performance, autonomy, costs, security, reliability, and above all, safety. To be successful, we must be rigorous and disciplined, but our work is also fun!
You are an expert RC pilot who will act as chief test pilot that will help the team execute flight tests on custom UAS platforms.
- Be the chief RC test pilot on experimental aircraft platforms, both fixed wing and rotorcraft.
- Be a safety observer during autonomous flights.
- Contribute to operations and maintenance procedure and process definition.
- Help prepare and review test plans and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide configuration management and inspection of aircraft under test.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in UAV flight testing and operations.
- RC airplane pilot experience.
- Private Pilot’s License.
- Expert RC airplane pilot.
- Experience and understanding of the principles of situational awareness and crew resource management.
- Ability to work independently and in teams while still maintaining rigorous attention to detail required in an operations environment.
- Able to be productive in rapidly changing situations with limited requirements or guidance.
- Knowledge of existing aviation-related regulations concerning UAS operations.
- Good written and oral communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
Somehow having Google Drone test pilot on the CV would be much cooler than Facebook test drone test pilot…
Interesting that the job spec shows the old airframe design in its video link.