We at Altitude Angel, envisage a future where drones are set to revolutionise the lives of everyone on the planet, so we’re building the platforms to ensure drones can fly safely alongside other, more traditional, forms of aviation.
Our platform is now used in 152 countries across the globe enabling over 50,000 safe drone flights every month, including everything from transport of life-saving medication in sub-Saharan Africa to coffee and burger delivery in the Republic of Ireland.
Since 2014 we’ve been steadily growing our team beyond our Reading HQ, whilst expanding our network into Europe, attracting some of the finest minds and top talent from the worlds of aviation, software engineering and product development.
About the Role
Altitude Angel is looking for an ARROW Drone Operations Manager to join our Delivery Team. As our Drone Operations Manager, you will play a key role in facilitating commercial drone operations at scale in the UK for the first time, through out transformative ARROW technology. Your role will be instrumental in the delivery of Project Skyway, the UK’s first drone superhighway and our biggest Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) project. Working as part of our fast-paced, high-growth and collaborative team, you will help us to redefine the future of aviation.
What You will Do
- Working from our ARROW Control Room, you will be responsible for approving and monitoring drone flights utilising Altitude Angel services
- You will be responsible for ensuring the safe transit of drones being flown beyond visual line of sights (BVLOS) utilising our ARROW corridors delivering a detect and avoid service to them
- You will contribute to the development of the Concept of Operations (Operational CONOPS) for this technology
- Daily engagement with drone operators to ensure that Altitude Angel is meeting their needs for BVLOS flight through the testing phase and into commercial operation
- Responsible for the approval and monitoring of fight operations as well as ensuring excellent communication with the drone operators receiving a service
- Confidently represent the Company whilst working with our valued customers to meet their need
- A proven ability to maintain a situational awareness picture of the operating airspace
- You will be able to confidently communicate with operators, technical support team members and other aviation stakeholders in a clear and unambiguous manner to ensure flight safety is maintained
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the aviation environment and its rules for operating
- Demonstrable experience with system monitoring and oversight
- Posses a willingness to learn and expand your knowledge in the evolving Unified Traffic Management domain
- Demonstrable strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- An ability to communicate complex aviation environment topics to non-specialists
- An aviation background with knowledge of the low-level airspace environment
- Supervisory experience of aviation activities
- Previous commercial flying and radiotelephony (RT) experience would be highly advantageous
- A curious mindset when it comes to technology, and you are interested in all things Drones, Robotics and AI (Artificial Intelligence)
What’s in it for you?
At Altitude Angel we’re dedicated to creating a positive working environment which empowers our employees to be the best version of themselves. Through personalised Career Development Plans and generous home/work life-balance considerations, we support our team to work in the best way for them.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free access to mental health coaching
- Quarterly team socials
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Altitude Angel
Here at Altitude Angel we are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness in line with our mission to safely and securely open the skies for all. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation, our products and Altitude Angel’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
With drones becoming more and more prevalent, we’re looking for individuals who are eager to help us build and deliver the solutions which have the potential to change the world. If you want to join us and be at the forefront of the aerial revolution, apply today.