Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA (on-site)
Reports to: Chief Pilot
Employment Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
PteroDynamics is an aircraft design and manufacturing company. We founded PteroDynamics to bring to the world our patented Transwing VTOL aircraft design that folds its wings during flight to transition between rotorcraft and fixed-wing configurations. Our Transwing aircraft design has key advantages over other VTOL designs that are critical for certain missions, especially carrying heavier payloads over longer distances, which is necessary to unlock the full potential of advanced air mobility. We believe that Transwing aircraft can benefit humankind and the planet by serving as a superior transport platform, saving us all time and money and reducing the amount of carbon emitted into the atmosphere. Our mission is to build the safest and most efficient vertical takeoff and landing aircraft possible.
PteroDynamics is searching for an experienced UAS Operator to join our growing engineering team. The candidate will be responsible for operating, maintaining, and testing a growing fleet of transwing aircraft in a fast-paced R&D environment. The position requires frequent travel to flight test sites in the Southern Colorado region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
● Safely operate airborne, simulation, and ground support equipment in operational and test environments
● Perform necessary inspections and operator-level maintenance of air vehicles
● Assist in drafting and editing manuals, documentation, or other materials
● Collaborate with engineering teams to improve system performance and reliability
● Assist with manufacturing, assembly, repair, integration, and test of air vehicles when not
performing flight duties
● High School Diploma or GED
● FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate
● Documented group 1, 2 or 3 UAS Pilot in Command (PIC) time
● Able to obtain an FAA Class II Medical
● 5+ years experience in Aviation, Engineering, or related field
● Displays flexibility and an aptitude for learning
● Willing and able to work for extended periods in remote locations
● Ability to lift 50 pounds
● US Citizenship/Permanent Resident Status
Highly Regarded Qualifications
● FAA Private/Commercial/Instrument/CFI/CFII or equivalent
● Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation or related field
● US DoD UAS operator and/or maintainer experience
● Experimental UAV flight test experience
● R/C aircraft design, build and test experience
Salary Range: $60,000-$80,000 annually DOE
At PteroDynamics, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. The company offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a competitive salary, stock options, company-sponsored medical insurance, dental, vision, term life insurance with an AD&D rider, 401(k) plan with up to 3% dollar-for-dollar matching by the company, long-term disability, paid time off, paid holidays, paid sick time, and a collaborative working environment in a growing startup company.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give
instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and
are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To
perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform
each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
PteroDynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
How to Apply
Submit resume to [email protected]