We are seeking a dedicated, organized, and dynamic Drone Operations Manager to join our drone business. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in drone flight operations, project management, risk assessment, and team leadership.
As part of this role, there will be a requirement for occasional drone piloting however this role with mainly involve planning and executing drone flights, ensuring safety and compliance and utilizing drone technology for various applications which include mapping, imaging, photogrammetry, and infrared surveys for a team of drone pilots.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning, executing and managing drone flights while adhering to Civil Aviation Authority Standards and regulations.
- Carrying out pre-flight planning and drone risk assessments (RAMS), including feasibility studies of client-requested missions, Land Permission, Site Access and Airspace Deconfliction.
- Managing pilot scheduling, instructing them on their daily tasks and next flights.
- Administering routine tasks which include sharing captured drone data with relevant parties for in-depth analysis.
- Ensuring optimal drone maintenance for efficient flight operations.
- Identifying potential areas for mapping initiatives.
- Utilising our drone technology to capture high-definition photography and thermal imagery for various applications.
- Using Dronedesk software effectively for flight planning and tracking while encouraging and training pilots on the use for pre-take-off and post-landing processing.
- Developing comprehensive stakeholder-centric materials by utilising processed data. This includes creating immersive 360-degree tours, engaging video compilations, interactive dashboards, and detailed story maps.
What we need from you:
- Extensive experience in drone operations and Civil Aviation Authority Standards.
- Proven track record in project management, preferably within the drone, military, or fire service sector.
- Strong problem-solving, leadership, training, and coaching skills.
- Excellent communication, organization, presentation, and briefing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and adhere to strict workflows.
- A2 Certificate of Competence as a minimum (General Visual Line of Sight Certification (GVC) preferred).
- Experience operating small (<2kg) drones in complex environments.
- Knowledge of Dronedesk or similar drone management software is a plus.
Must have own vehicle or suitable mode of transportation around the greater Bristol area.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £40,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bristol, Bristol: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have a A2CofC or GVC certification?
- Do you have experience using Dronedesk?
- Do you have commercial drone experience?
Work Location: In person