Job Req ID: 20037
Posting Date: 18 Jul 2023
1 Braham Street, London, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive, with great BT benefits.
Who are we?
We are Etc. The other stuff. The undefined. We create, accelerate, and amplify start-ups in new and emerging categories.
Our mission is to build products and services right now that work for the future, and ultimately, disrupt for good. Using agile, lean methodologies and zero-to-one start-up principles developed by our team of founders and innovators, our unique blend of product, design, technology, and customer experience is bolstered by BT’s rich heritage to supercharge growth and take bold steps in new sectors.
We are fearless. We are customer obsessed. We let nothing get in our way, and together we believe that we have the power to change the world.
About the role.
Full-time, with 3 days a week together in our Bristol or London Digital Hub (flexible 2 days remote wherever).
We are seeking a highly experienced technologist to occupy our Senior Technology Manager (STM) position within our drone team. You’ll join a team of passionate, smart and like-minded individuals. You’ll work with a diverse range of platforms and technologies, working across hardware, software and firmware, overseeing the development and implementation of our Drone technological strategy.
You’ll be an authority with deep knowledge across several technologies and are expert in building solutions using them.
As the STM, you will be responsible for leading the technological vision and direction for the drone team and ensuring that the technology is aligned with the company’s goals and objectives, the context of the drone industry and its regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement our drone technological strategy in alignment with the overall business strategy and market context.
- Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and trends that may enhance the company’s products and services.
- Work closely with our external partners strategically to support their future technology roadmap aligned with ours.
- Lead the technology team in ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and standards.
- Oversee the development and delivery of our drone’s products and services, ensuring quality, scalability, and timeliness.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that the technology is aligned with the company’s goals and objectives, representing the tech pillar and for all technologies delivered within our domain.
- Own the drone’s team technical infrastructure, including networks, servers, and applications.
- Develop appropriate solution design artefacts, ensuring understanding and adoption across teams of business and technical requirements and constraints.
Skills and Experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Demonstrable experience in a technology leadership role, preferably in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Strong technical background with hands-on experience in software development and engineering in the drone ecosystem preferred, to provide technology in context.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and project management tools.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing a technology strategy that aligns with the business strategy.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams, including engineering, product development, and information security.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies and trends in the industry.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and applications.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 15% on target bonus
- Company car cash allowance
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical cover
- Pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- 50% off BT and EE mobile pay monthly or SIM only plans
- Exclusive colleague discounts on our latest and greatest BT broadband packages
- BT TV, including BT Sport and the NOW Entertainment membership, and 25% off NOW Sport, Cinema and Kids
- 30% discount for friends and family on EE mobile pay monthly and SIM only plans
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours?
Ready for the Drone Age?
It’s easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by-step process. Don’t worry if you need to make changes – you’ll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. Join our team and help us create innovative drone solutions that improve people’s lives and transform industries.