Altitude Angel · Reading, England, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
We at Altitude Angel, envisage a future where drones are set to revolutionise the lives of everyone on the planet, so we’re building the platforms to ensure drones can fly safely alongside other, more traditional, forms of aviation.
Our platform is now used in 152 countries across the globe enabling over 50,000 safe drone flights every month, including everything from transport of life saving medication in sub-Saharan Africa to coffee and burger delivery in the Republic of Ireland.
Since 2014 we’ve been steadily growing our team beyond our Reading HQ, whilst expanding our network into Europe, attracting some of the finest minds and top talent from the worlds of aviation, software engineering and product development.
About the Role
Widely regarded as a technical leader in our field, our national foundation technologies are deployed internationally by governments, civil aviation authorities and air navigation providers to meet the needs of an emerging industry.
Our mobile apps play an important role in providing operators in the field with the tools to intuitively understand when and where it is safe to operate. They translate complex airspace shapes, rules and regulations into a digestible model, providing the tooling to request and obtain access to regulated airspace and/or private land. They inform the operator about potential and actual conflicting traffic and interacting with airspace management systems and authorities – whether a human or machine interface. More importantly, the Team is growing and looking for iOS Developers.
As one of our Android Developers, your primary focus will be to implement new user interfaces and features together with automated unit and integration tests. You will be working with our Product and Engineering teams, where your knowledge and advice about application architecture and the newest mobile technologies will be invaluable.
What You will Do
- Integrate with existing APIs and specific new ones to support mobile functionality
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support) whilst also ensuring our applications meet quality standards and striving to constantly innovate app functionality and design
- Write unit, integration, and end to end tests to ensure code quality
- Identify and improve parts of the platform to make it more robust and scalable
- Proactively contribute to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and knowledge sharing
- Research and evaluate new technologies that could improve the quality of our software
Key Technical Requirements
- Proficiency in Android native framework and the latest toolchain
- Working experience with Java/Kotlin advantageous
- Experience with RESTful APIs, third-party libraries, and mobile libraries for networking and push notifications
- Proficiency with on-device and offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications
- Knowledgeable of cross platform cloud based PNS solutions
- Agile/Scrum methodology experience
- Software Control Management System – Azure Dev Ops toolchain advantageous
- Performance and memory usage analysis experience beneficial
- You are passionate about remaining up to date with concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication and team working skills
- You are a clear, well organised logical thinker with the ability to respond to dynamic situations when under pressure, applying the same clear, logical thinking
- You are a natural team player and proactive multi-tasker with excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
What’s in it for you?
At Altitude Angel we’re dedicated to creating a positive working environment which empowers our employees to the be the best version of themselves. Through personalised Career Development Plans and generous home/work life-balance considerations, we support our team to work in the best way for them.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free access to mental health coaching
- Employee referral scheme
- Quarterly team socials
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Altitude Angel
Here at Altitude Angel we are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness in line with our mission to safely and securely open the skies for all. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation, our products and Altitude Angel’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
With drones becoming more and more prevalent, we’re looking for individuals who are eager to help us build and deliver the solutions which have the potential to change the world. If you want to join us and be at the forefront of the aerial revolution, apply today.