Senior Product Manager, Remotely Piloted Aircraft System Traffic Management (RTM)
Bilingual / BilingueIn the event a qualified bilingual candidate is not found, a qualified unilingual candidate will be considered. / Dans l’éventualité où un candidat bilingue qualifié n’est pas disponible, un candidat unilingue qualifié sera considéré.
Posting End Date
L2 Zone B
Commensurate with Experience / Selon l’expérience
The Senior Product Manager, Remotely Piloted Aircraft System Traffic Management (RTM) is responsible for leading vision, strategy, development and lifecycle of the systems and technology services associated with the safe introduction of drones into the Canadian domestic airspace. Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS, also known as drones) are new entrants in the aviation industry and will help shape the future of aviation. This role requires an experienced Product Manager to lead the development of these safety critical systems who is experienced in the full lifecycle of systems development. The RTM portfolio includes the existing NAV Drone solution (serving the existing regulations) and the next phase of development including rFIMS (RTM Flight Information Management Systems).
What NAV CANADA offers you:
- Challenging, team-oriented work environment
- Competitive compensation and flexible benefits
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Flexible work arrangements
- Diverse and inclusive workforce
In this role you will:
- Create and maintain Product Vision, Strategy and Roadmap covering the product’s full lifecycle that are aligned with NAV CANADA business objectives and stakeholder needs.
- Partner with NAV CANADA Leadership and external stakeholders to establish a prioritized set of requirements for RTM solutions that improve the overall safety, effectiveness, and efficiency of RPAS operations.
- Develop Product Vision and Concept of Operations based on Canadian and global research, focused on delivering a simple, integrated, and consistent experience.
- Develop Product Vision, Strategy and Roadmap that align with NAV CANADA architectural and technology direction of NAV CANADA.
- Drive business decisions for all investments required to fulfill the Product Roadmap including, but not limited to vendor selection for software and implementation. Work collaboratively with required teams and organizations across NAV CANADA to achieve this.
- Research and interpret industry and technology trends that could impact the Product Vision and Roadmap.
- Continually monitor and refine the Product Roadmap to meet business needs and take advantage of new capabilities and features.
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders on Product Vision, Strategy, Roadmap and execution against the plans. Effectively translate technical language into business language as needed to bridge the gap between business and technical professionals engaged in the full product value stream.
- Collaborate effectively with the Project Delivery Services organization and other Product Families to drive requirements for consistent and integrated solutions.
- Fulfill the Product Roadmap with on time releases that provide solutions to the business with high quality and within budget.
- Drive deployment and adoption of product releases.
- Provide effective product support mechanisms to ensure a high degree of user satisfaction.
- Follow an effective control framework on production systems and ensure new systems meet internal compliance requirements.
- Provide coaching, mentorship, and positive leadership to maintain a healthy and productive workplace
- Work effectively and in a highly collaborative fashion
- Accountable and responsible for management of the product team
- Financial responsibility for product development budget
What you bring:
- Undergraduate degree in a business administration, aviation, and/or technology related discipline or equivalent work experience
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in technology, service provision and/or Product Management
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Product Management role.
- 3-5 years of experience managing people in a business or IT environment
- Experience developing concepts and strategic vision, through the lifecycle, into adopted solutions
- Experience of engaging executives and stakeholders to support important business decisions
- Demonstrable knowledge of Product Management and/or Portfolio Management discipline
- Demonstrable knowledge of financial models and plans
How others describe you:
- Ability to communicate ideas, concepts and status, both orally and in writing, with ease and clarity
- Ability to deliver presentations to a large audience and to senior management
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries and solve problems within a distributed team
- Ability to make insightful, timely decisions to difficult and complex situations
- Ability to develop guidelines, policies and procedures
- Ability to manage people and projects and handle multiple tasks with conflicting priorities
- Ability to coach and mentor staff at all levels
- Ability to foster a climate conducive to an engaged workforce by promoting company values of Respect, Excellence, Customer Service and Diversity & Inclusion
- Strong negotiation skills applied both internally and externally with third parties
- Strong analytic and decision-making skills, with a proven ability to provide well thought out recommendations
- Ability to interface with key clients and senior management and build sustainable relationships.
- Strong change management skills applied to dealing with rapid and iterative changes, and the associated ambiguity
- Ability to manage large, complex and material investment initiatives
- Ability to translate unstructured business needs and priorities into structured initiatives that demonstrate tangible value to the company
- Ability to synthesize information (financial and non-financial) quickly in an understandable cohesive manner
- This position is based at the Ottawa Head Office but may be eligible for a flexible work arrangement.
- Occasional Travel required.
NAV CANADA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. If you do not believe that you match every job requirement listed on this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. NAV CANADA encourages a culture of learning and growth, and recognizes that although some technical skills are mandatory, many others can be taught.
Our Company strives to create an inclusive and barrier-free selection process and work environment. If you require accommodations during this competition process, please ensure that you inform the interview coordinator or hiring manager of any accommodation measures you may require. NAV CANADA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities as required.
The successful candidate must meet the security requirement of the position and be legally able to work in Canada.
At NAV CANADA, safety is our priority. We require pre-employment drug screening for all candidates offered positions designated as safety sensitive in accordance with NAV CANADA’s Drug and Alcohol policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.