At Wisk, we’re transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we’re making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team. The goal of a Senior Mechanical Engineer at Wisk is to ensure the highest level of mechanical design. You will be part of the Mechanical Engineering team that directly supports all of our Integrated Product Teams.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Mechanical Engineering team. The goal of the Senior Mechanical Engineer at Wisk is to design and analyze mechanical structures to build the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment.
- The successful candidate is highly motivated, and results-driven. Using strong understanding of first principles to mature designs. You will be working in a fast-paced environment with a focus of developing the future of electric aviation.
What you will do:
- Design and analyze mechanical structure
- Preform trade studies to inform design decisions
- Create 3D CAD models using NX
- Create and release 2D mechanical design drawings
- Perform general mechanical engineering analysis to validate mechanical and thermal aspects of the design
- Make design considerations for mass optimization, structural integrity, thermal consideration, and safety
What you have done:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of Mechanical Engineering fundamentals (statics,
- dynamics, structural mechanics, etc.)
- Familiar with CAD software such as Siemens NX(preferred), Solidworks, etc.
- Familiar with drafting standards, including GD&T, and can interpret or create engineering drawings
- Experience supporting manufacture, including disposition of hardware non-conformances.
- Familiarity with aircraft certification and aerospace development best practices and standards
- Experience leading cross-functional integrated project teams including schedule, budget, and technical oversight
- Experience in field engineering/product sustainment.
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
$100,749 – $153,951 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay:$100,749 – $153,951per year – The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.