A-techSYN Ltd (Advanced Technologies with Synergy) is an all-in-one solution provider for Unmanned Aviation Systems (UAS) based in Shannon, Ireland. A-techSYNs’ products consist of proprietary UAS solutions including field proven LALE Vertical Take-off and Landing (VTOL) fixed wing UAVs and mid to high speed Target Drones.
A-techSYN is vertically integrated and not only develops and manufactures UAS, Autopilot and key electronic components, but also trains operators and mechanics, provides MRO and even flight services to customers. Internally developed IP, Easy and quick integration of new equipment into the platforms, integration of systems with existing infrastructure, customization of the UAS products to customer requirements and low cost of ownership are some of the key differentiators of A-techSYN as an independent and highly flexible company.
A-techSYN’s flagship is a leading VTOL UAV – the CGT50 – with superior and bespoke underlying technology. The product is in the LALE segment and has high payload capacity (5Kg) and long endurance (6 hours). The Systems are well known for the low cost of ownership powered by the high rate (80%) of in-house IP.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The successful candidate will join our growing, experienced engineering team as a Mechanical Engineer in our Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) team working closely with the R&D team and Flight & Operations team, focusing their time primarily on MRO services including defining MTBF’s, integration of parts and payloads, and problem solving for customers on and off the field. MRO is integral to A-techSYN’s continued success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
New equipment testing
- Defining MTBF’s for equipment and sub-systems for existing and 3rd party parts.
- Working closely with the R&D team to understand the market for MRO services and demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of A-techSYN products, services, and capabilities.
- Ensuring all activities in MRO are carried out in accordance with company procedures and quality requirements outlined in A-techSYN’s manuals’ and quality processes.
- Defining and documenting new procedures as necessary, testing the procedures, creation, review and release of documents in line with company policies.
- Consulting and training customers on MRO procedures and requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for the development of work instructions and authorisation of in-field repairs by the flight team
Integration of parts and payloads to aircraft
- Providing & requesting technical advice from partners, customers and clients, to aid the integration of parts and payloads.
- Preparing the aircraft, equipment and tools required for a flying mission.
- Ensuring that technicians have had proper training, work instructions, processes, equipment, and tools to meet business unit goals and metrics.
UAV support & problem solving
- As an accredited ISO9001 company, we strive to implement continuous improvements by defining, analysing and reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Identifying changes or improvements to engineering and implementing them where necessary following on from KPI analysis.
- Providing support to the Business Development Team to define customer requirements and acceptance.
- Responsibility for the execution of maintenance activities of aircraft and components operating in Ireland and overseas.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in MRO and/or the aviation industry.
- Part 21 Certification
- Experience working to ISO9001 standard.
- Availability to travel nationally and internationally without restriction.
Key Competencies Required
- Designing tests & test scenarios
- Ability to debug in the field
- Motivated, innovative and a quick thinker
- Adheres to due diligence and compliance
- Experience developing, adhering to and facilitating excellent documentation practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan, organise, and prioritise work
- Oral & written communications
- Results focus
- Customer focus
- Teamwork and an ability to work with cross-functional teams